So discouraged!

Options
What the heck is going on?
I've stayed within my calories all week and exercised like a half crazed woman, and when I just stepped on the scale a little bit ago I'm right back where I started, I realize I've drank enough water today to grow gills, but come on!
I guess Sunday morning I'll get my 5 lb loss award taken away....I just don't get it....grrrr!

Replies

• rosenke
    rosenke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try and only weigh your self in the morning
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    you said " I realize I've drank enough water today to grow gills"..what time of day are you weighing yourself?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There is no point in weighing in the middle of the day after you have eaten and drank. It is not a measure of where you are. Plan to weigh first thing in the morning, after relieving yourself, and without any clothing. If the clothing part isn't doable, due to living arrangements, wear the same clothing each time. '

No point in making yourself nuts over a scale.
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    never weight at night!! weigh after you wake up, go to the bathroom, unclothed and before you eat or drink anything!!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    You will weigh more in the evening than you do in the a.m. I'm usually 3 - 5 lbs heavier at night than I was in the a.m. Go by the morning weigh in.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    That would be discouraging and frustrating. I would just suggest you look at what kind of calories you are consuming and when you are eating them; preferably fresh vegetables and fruits and low fat meats with your heavier meals early in the day - try to eat 5-6 times a day rather than just 3 big meals. The less processed foods you eat, the better (for the most part I have given up white flour and white sugar). Plus I noted you and I share the difficulty of being over 50 when it is just tougher to lose weight. Sorry you are feeling discouraged, but hang in there!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, from now on I'm staying away from that evil scale until Sunday morning, I just wanted to see how I was doing, bad move on my part.
  • ddomitrek
    ddomitrek Posts: 2
    Options
    Try weighing yourself first thing in the morning,go to the bathroom and get on the scale naked, this will be your true weight. Never weigh yourself at night, make it a habit to do this each morning that way if you have gained a pound or two you start back to the beginning with the basic diet and exercise.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    NEVER weigh at night!!! That is crazy!!!! Weight loss is slow and over a long period of time.
  • jcarker
    jcarker Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey, don't get discouraged. The advice to weigh in the
    morning is great. I normally weigh both at night and in the morning. That could be as much as 4 pounds difference at times. Also, you will find that you plateau from time to time. Don't give up. You might even want to have a cheat day. Not bad, but a steak and baked potatoe or something. Then, get right back to doing your thing. In my experience, I've found that doing this resets your matabolism, and the weight will start to come off again. This has worked forme several times during this weight loss since January 1st. Good luck. Keep it up. You are doing great!