Calories? Macros?

Options
Hi all,

I've just started using the diary and was set to 1700 cals. I'm just over 315lbs, so I upped it to 2000, but what % should my macros be on for optimal healthy weight loss? Is my calorie level adequate? I SAH with my kids, and study full time, so sometimes I'm on the go, sometimes I sit for hours (when assignments are due!) and I try to walk for 1hr, 3-4 times a week.

Replies

• JoannMichelle
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here too. I have a question for you. If you put in your stats and 1700 calories was recommended, why are you upping it to 2000?

As for macros, I'm sure someone with more knowledge can help you. I consulted a diabetes educator. I had to decrease my carbs and increase the protein .

Aloha,
    Joann
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Because, by the time you work out my BMR/TDEE 1700 calories seems to leave too much of a deficit. I do know that cutting as many calories out as you possibly can isn't always the best way to approach weightloss, and I'm not one of the "Magical 1200" club. I don't want me weightloss to stall because of too few calories.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    KEEP YOUR CARBS HIGH EAT VERY NUTRIENT DENSE FOOD VARY YOUR CALS BETWEEN 1700 AND 3000 CALORIES
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hi. good luck on ur decision to use mfp. just my opinion but 2000cals may be too much and to quick of a cal reduction. u may find it to harsh and quit. maybe try 2750 at first and when the weight loss slows down cut another 250 cals. at 315lbs starting weight u will lose pounds quickly. good luck again
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for all your replies :)