How many calories burned during Insanity?!

Options

Replies

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a way to log it on here? Do you just create your own exercise and put the cals off your HRM? Or can you find it in the database? I really want to try to keep the RIGHT amount of Calories in my "bank" that way I'm not over/under eating...

I JUST PUT IT UNDER CALISTHENICS VIGOROUS AND PULL THE INFO FROM MY HRM.
  • loganchappell
    Options
    How many days have you been doing Insanity? I just completed my 20th day. I love it but some days I want to give up. I do believe it is around 325 calories.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I DIDN'T HAVE A HRM MY FIRST MONTH OF INSANITY, BUT I DO NOW AND BOY DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I AM IN MONTH 2 AND I BURN BETWEEN 600-750 CAL. AND ONE DAY I REALLY PUSHED IT AND BURNED 1000 CAL.

I AM 5'3", 127LBS, AND MY HEART RATE USUALLY, WHEN IM PUSHING IT, STAYS AT AROUND 178.
  • bealcoser
    bealcoser Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started Insanity... I hope it works...:happy:
  • herd36
    herd36 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone, just started Insanity today with the Fit Test and was hoping someone could clue me in on how many calories I will likely burn with each of the different workouts? I am 5'7", 130 lbs, 22 yrs old. Thanks!
  • Pearlsandcurls13
    Options
    With an accurate heart rate monitor (with chest strap) you should be able to log more calories burned than that. A good monitor will accept your height, build, sex, current weight, and your lowest and highest heart rates. That will ensure an accurate reading. I am 5'6, 135 lbs, and I burn approximately 100 calories/10 minutes with Turbofire. The higher you get your heart rate, the more conditioned your cardiovascular system. With Insanity you spend more time in the upper reaches of your heart rate max, therefore burn more calories. This is assuming you put forth the intensity!
    Also, your calories burned amount will DECREASE over time as you become more conditioned unless you weight train as well. You want to keep it challenging!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 118 lbs, and burn between 350-500 on the month 1 DVDs depending on which one I'm doing.
  • deanocamino
    Options
    I use a hrm also and I usually log between 600 to 700 k per work out
  • awalters46103
    Options
    I have just bought a HRM, and used it for the first time today doing Pure Cardio, I was at 89% heart rate for the majority of the workout and the HRM said I burnt 680cals :/ I appreciate it's a hardcore cardio workout, but really?
    I'm 145lb, 5 ft 5 and aged 22...I can't accept that I burnt 680 cals, just seems too excessive!
  • YazminMendoza
    YazminMendoza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well it sure makes me feel better that I'm not the only one asking the same questions or feeling like a train ran me over after being finish Insanity. I'm doing Day 3 this afternoon, and I can't wait!!!
    I think I may be hooked...I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • Samanthae0209
    Options
    I just finished my 60 days of Insanity a few weeks ago... I LOVED IT! Towards the end, the videos get long and tough... but 100% worth it :)
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I bought my HRM from Walmart, $30 Sportsline and it works great. I just started the Max section of Insanity (month 2) this week. The first month, I burned 650+ cal each DVD, and within my current month, I'm burning 800-950 so far. I'm 34, 5'1" and 155lb. The more you weight and the older you are, the more I hear you're supposed to burn.
  • LindseyHandtke
    LindseyHandtke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Even though this was posted like years ago, I have also been doing Insanity and I was trying to look up the calories burned. Love the workouts! =)
  • lizfus
    lizfus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished the Cardio recovery and I'm not to sure how many calories I burned? Any possible ideas?
  • maileeyang1
    maileeyang1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know this post is aged ago but I was iffy about how many calories I burned from just doing the Pure Cardio. I thought I share mine as well in case, there are other people out there who might need some "estimations" to how many calories they should burn:

Weight: 121
    Height: 4'11"
    Heart Rate: Low: 85 High: 191 Avg: 140
    Calories burned: 316

This is the 3rd day of round 2 of Insanity for me. I expected to burn more than 300 calories but from reading the above threads, it seems pretty close? I burn about 300 calories from doing 35 minutes of jogging along. Insanity is more intense so I expected to burn more but I am not sure if this is close??
  • ShanteDavis22
    ShanteDavis22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I start the first work out today. I'm too excited! What is a HMR?
  • Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I start the first work out today. I'm too excited! What is a HMR?

I think it's supposed to be HRM (Heart Rate Monitor)

Maybe :P

Then again it could be, H(Something) Metobolic Rate...? :-/
  • michellehoying
    Options
    Loving the insanity workouts woohoo :)
  • Desitweety
    Options
    The more you weigh, the more Calories you burn!! On plyo I burn from 700 to 800..
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I burn about 350 -400.