Help in eating out

Options
Won't be home all day tomorrow and will have to eat out for 1 meal (I'll bring some food, but not enough). Any quick places I can eat that won't kill my calorie count??

Replies

• JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a has a great chargrilled wrap. I eat half of the wrap, fruit and a bottled water for lunch. It keeps me under 300 for lunch, not bad. I am not sure how much you have alloted for lunch. Hope this gives you an idea.
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    Not sure where but you can always stop at a diner and get a salad with dressing on the side, or vinigar to put on. Or pick a chain resturant that you can look up the calories ahead of time and know what your getting. Good Luck.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds grilled chicken sandwich w/o mayo is 360 calories and quite tasty
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Subway all the way... my fave is a 6" veggie on wheat without cheese. I do put mayo on mine, if I'm doing okay on calories for the day. Delicious and not too heavy!
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    McDonalds also has a grilled chicken snack wrap that is too big I think for a snack wrap but if you get it with out the sauce it's only 190 Cals and you could pair it with the Apple dippers.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If you are near an Applebee's, you could choose the shrimp spinach salad with tomato basil soup off their "Two-Fer" lunch menu. Ask them to grill the shrimp WITHOUT seasoning to save the sodium, and get the dressing on the side. The soup will be a little high in sodium, but caloriewise, the whole thing won't be too bad. I use a half serving of the soup in the MFP database, and the 1/2 a salad entry for the Grilled shrimp spinach salad. (The fat content in the salad is going to be off if you do dressing on the side) I usually just ask for a couple of lemons and don't even put dressing on it. Still very good.

Another option are the Applebee's menu options from WW. They also have an "under 550 calorie" menu, and one of the options on it is the Chicken Portabella sandwich, which ends up being about 360 calories, according to the MFP database.

Good luck. Eating out doesn't have to be a disaster if you plan ahead, which is what you are doing, so WTG!!