Blisters? Underpronation? Shoes? Help!

Options
I have been pretty sedentary for the past few months and just recently started walking and going to the gym. Although it feels good to get out and get physical again, my feet are not happy. I have a pair of tennis shoes that are worn in but not overly used that I have been wearing for exercise. Every time I work out, especially walk more than 1.5 miles, I develop a blister on the bottom of my foot on the outside of my foot. What can I do to prevent this from happening? New shoes? If so what shoes do you recommend (I've been told that I might be underpronating and does that affect the kind of shoes to get)? What can I do to relieve the pressure of the blisters so I can continue to exercise? I am really motivated to get this weight off and I don't want this ti set me back. Please help! Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Go to a running shoe specialty store and get fitted. They will be able to tell you if you over or under probate. I underpronate pretty severely. My mizuno wave rider 16's are the best shoes I have ever worn. They have fixed so many of my issues with my feet and calves.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go to a running shoe specialty store and get fitted. They will be able to tell you if you over or under probate. I underpronate pretty severely. My mizuno wave rider 16's are the best shoes I have ever worn. They have fixed so many of my issues with my feet and calves.

This ^^^^!

If that's too expensive for you. Make sure you are wearing the right shoe for the activity you are doing... don't get running shoes if you're walking, get shoes made for walking... Take a look at your socks too... better quality socks made for walking/running may solve your issues. Then there's always mole skin that you can put over the area that blisters..

Edited to add: it may be also that your feet just need to toughen up... They aren't used to the abuse you are putting them through.