Gave up mid workout :(

Options
2»

Replies

• bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    you are pushing too hard, you need to take rest days and if you don't programme them just listen to your body, if it says "I'm too tired" then rest it. You will find it much easier tomorrow :smile:

As regards the HRM I log about 300 cals for 35 minson runkeeper so you probably do need to check your settings. I have cross referenced runkeeper with my garmin forerunner and they are in the same ball park for the same exercise.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Im 200lbs and I can't burn 900 cals in an hour. Maybe 600 at a real push.
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    Try Zumba. It is FUN and burns LOTS of calories. For the last 3 months I alternated between Jillian DVD's, Zumba and some old workout DVD's and it didn't get boring and I lost 17 lbs. Starting this week I am doing Jillians Body Revolution and LOVE it so far. It rotates out DVD's daily. : )
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Get bummed out, don't get bummed out, ultimately it really doesn't matter...

...*but only as long as you don't let it affect your commitment tomorrow and beyond*.

Cutting a workout short when you aren't feeling it isn't failure...it's smart.

I like this!!!!!
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the videos so I don't know any thing about them, my disclaimer..!

But is there a way for you to cut the exercises in half? like only do 30secs of the exercise instead of 60sec.? or cut the number of reps so you can do the entire workout and get all the muscle groups without exhausting yourself with only half of the muscles groups done? Does that make sense? Or make 30days into 60days and take a rest day every other day?

There's no need to just quit, you've spent the $$ on the dvds so make them work for you.
  • kristinahollowell
    kristinahollowell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I feel better! Although kinda upset my HRM may have been lying to me this whole timw errrr

What does it read when you do 30DS?

Between 200 and 300

The workout calories seem about right. I use a HRM and when I do her workouts I burn around 230. I did the insanity program a couple months ago, and the most I burned during one was 700 so 900 does seem a lot for a walk.

Regardless don't get bummed. I had a really bad workout at a gym that I go to that does kettle bells. The facilitator assured me we all need bad workouts every now and then. If nothing else, use it to re-motivate you, not to de-motivate you!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Are you sure you set up your HRM the right way? I don't burn 900 calories running for an hour, let alone walking.

Concur. Haven't lost this running 2 hours. I'd say HRM is not set up correctly or is worn incorrectly.

I also think it is a bit high, but I have burned 900 calories running for 2 hours for sure.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I feel better! Although kinda upset my HRM may have been lying to me this whole timw errrr

What does it read when you do 30DS?

Between 200 and 300

The workout calories seem about right. I use a HRM and when I do her workouts I burn around 230. I did the insanity program a couple months ago, and the most I burned during one was 700 so 900 does seem a lot for a walk.

Regardless don't get bummed. I had a really bad workout at a gym that I go to that does kettle bells. The facilitator assured me we all need bad workouts every now and then. If nothing else, use it to re-motivate you, not to de-motivate you!

There could be a few reasons why it was 900... though I am NOT proud of it... I do smoke... and I am trying to quit. Im also probably a lot heavier and taller than some people here who are more in shape than I am.

I just weighed in this morning and its at 205...I lost 2.6 lbs this week so I'm not gonna let last night bug me. Like other people have said.., a 9 min workout is better than no work out at all.