Vending machine conversation...

Options
So, some may not think of this as a success, however; I do! I had to go to school tonight and had some what of a stressful night. Usually when this happens, I hit the vending machines for something either salty or sweet. I headed up the stairs with money in hand ready to buy something, anything to cure my craving. I stood there looking, loathing really over some of the things in there. I wanted a Hershey's Bar with almonds so bad I could taste it and then I thought, hmmmm...I have some almonds in my backpack. So, I put my change back in my pocket jogged (yes, jogged) back down the stairs and ate my almonds!!! I was able to talk myself out of buying crap food and I did it all my MYSELF!!! That ladies and Gentlemen is Success at its finest!!!!!!

Replies

• AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    That is a HUGE victory!! I'm so proud of you!! I had the opposite experience with a vending machine in a hospital cafeteria yesterday when I was there to visit a relative. But, today I did much better.

GREAT job!!!!!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    From a fellow stress eater I call that a great success with some excercise. Great job!!!:smile:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Chrissy25
    Chrissy25 Posts: 17
    Options
    WooHoo! You go girl! Thats it great! :)
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Yeah!!!! love that!
  • SilverVal
    SilverVal Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You did great

you keep that positive self talk going
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    it's sucess like that, thats what gets you through the next vending machine episode... what a superfulous!
  • jsmith226
    jsmith226 Posts: 3
    Options
    Like Ive kept saying...you are a strong woman to keep this motivation you have going! Something like a vending machine debate is a big thing as many of us take the easy way out of curving our cravings! I know im bad about hitting the concession stand at the ball park and we all know that stuffs bad!! keep it up girlie! Im proud of you!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!! And it's awesome you had almonds on you. Not only preparation but then you forgot, and then reminded yourself!! I love it. Good job!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! One small accomplishment down and millions more to go!!!!!
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    That's great!! And it's awesome you had almonds on you. Not only preparation but then you forgot, and then reminded yourself!! I love it. Good job!

I try to put a baggie with some in it for the week at school so I was lucky to have some left! :bigsmile:
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    So, some may not think of this as a success, however; I do! I had to go to school tonight and had some what of a stressful night. Usually when this happens, I hit the vending machines for something either salty or sweet. I headed up the stairs with money in hand ready to buy something, anything to cure my craving. I stood there looking, loathing really over some of the things in there. I wanted a Hershey's Bar with almonds so bad I could taste it and then I thought, hmmmm...I have some almonds in my backpack. So, I put my change back in my pocket jogged (yes, jogged) back down the stairs and ate my almonds!!! I was able to talk myself out of buying crap food and I did it all my MYSELF!!! That ladies and Gentlemen is Success at its finest!!!!!!

That is great. I had a very similar situation myself a while back. I actually bought what I thought was the healthiest option (like there is one :happy: ) from a vending machine and after reading it had 25 grams of sugar and 200+ calories, I resisted the temptation to eat it even though I had shucked a buck out for it. All was not lost because I gave it to one of my employees who was very very appreciate.

Hawkeye
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!! :flowerforyou: What great self-caretaking!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :love: that was great. A few months ago I was standing with my dollar trying to pick something out. I was hungry,and forgot my snacks:sad:

Someone walked in, passed me......stopped, turned and said :noway: I didn't know that was YOU!! How much have you lost??

I said 38 pounds and you just saved me from me....THANKS!!

Went back to my desk just as my neighbor came over with a can of almonds. I always keep my stuff on my desk to promote healthy eating and she had finished off the last can and was replacing it.

I bet she thought I was NUTS when I hugged her!! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!