Stood Up!

Options
kf4vkp
kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
Had a first date, let's get coffee or froyo kind of date planned for the night. I showed 10 min. early, waited until 15 minutes after the schedule meet up time.. no show. So, I bought my own frozen yogurt. And then decided since I was down near my favorite theater and it was $6 tuesday night with $2 small drinks and popcorn that I would take myself to the movies too. I had a great night, and he missed out on someone amazing... on to the next..

What did you do tonight?

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Well, Im sorry about that, the guy is obviously a tool. So at least you know that now.
    And under no circumstances should you listen to any of his excuses if he calls you.
    His loss, sers...if you do talk to him, Tell him to grow a pair.

Tonight I feel stood up, but for an entirely diff reason, so I feel your pain in a way..Waiting and not knowing is the worst feeling.
    Its cruel and unusual human punishment, and its not fair.

Again Im sorry but be brave, this too shall pass, its not you, its him.
  • Cp731
    Options
    ]Jerks.jpg
  • Cp731
    Options
    l]43.gif
  • Cp731
    Options
    ]jenna-grownup.gif

Just trying to cheer you up dear..
    Check out Jenna Marbles on youtube, she'll cheer ya up.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I love that one comic
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    :(
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Good for you for going out and having a good time!!! :)
  • rachelmchll
    rachelmchll Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just devil's advocate here, do you think that he may have left within that 15 minute window? You said you waited 15 minutes after the meet up time to go in, is it possible he arrived but left thinking he was stood up?

If he really did stand you up then he's a jerk and you obviously deserve a great guy who has the decency to keep his plans. What a coward.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Never understood how or why a guy would ever stand a girl up. Either you want to go out with a girl or not. If you don't, don't ask her out to begin with.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You keep your head up :wink:
  • SquidandWhale
    SquidandWhale Posts: 259
    Options
    What a jerk, still though it sounds like you had more fun than I did tonight. (I had weeding to do in my gardens...wire/bermuda grass. :explode: )
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    Just devil's advocate here, do you think that he may have left within that 15 minute window? You said you waited 15 minutes after the meet up time to go in, is it possible he arrived but left thinking he was stood up?

If he really did stand you up then he's a jerk and you obviously deserve a great guy who has the decency to keep his plans. What a coward.

No, I went in 10 minutes early and waited in the meeting place for 15 minutes after the meet time. So I was where we were supposed to meet for 25 minutes total.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Those are the actions of a boy. A gentleman would never do that.
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Never understood how or why a guy would ever stand a girl up. Either you want to go out with a girl or not. If you don't, don't ask her out to begin with.

In fairness I suggested meeting first. (Online dating) but, he initially contacted me on the site. He also choose the day and time to meet.

If he wasn't interested I don't think he would have messaged me.

And then why say yes to meeting. Its not like a daring site email is putting him on the spot in front of people.

Or if second thoughts, just cancel.
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    ]jenna-grownup.gif

Just trying to cheer you up dear..
    Check out Jenna Marbles on youtube, she'll cheer ya up.

Love Jenna Marbles! She is awesome. Though it sucks being stood up, I really did make a nice night out if it for myself.
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    Well, Im sorry about that, the guy is obviously a tool. So at least you know that now.
    And under no circumstances should you listen to any of his excuses if he calls you.
    His loss, sers...if you do talk to him, Tell him to grow a pair.

Tonight I feel stood up, but for an entirely diff reason, so I feel your pain in a way..Waiting and not knowing is the worst feeling.
    Its cruel and unusual human punishment, and its not fair.

Again Im sorry but be brave, this too shall pass, its not you, its him.

No worries about me listening to excuses. He had the 15 minutes to call and give an excuse I might have listened to (have to work late, reschedule, stuck in traffic please wait) but with no call, no show. No second chance.

I'm sorry you felt stood up. I agree waiting and not knowing is rough. Been there in other situations that were much more nerve racking than tonight's first date.

Oh I am my own best date, had a blast anyway.
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    What a jerk, still though it sounds like you had more fun than I did tonight. (I had weeding to do in my gardens...wire/bermuda grass. :explode: )

Less than jerk, I'm thinking idiot. I'm a pretty awesome catch. But in the end I had a blast with myself.

Weeding is the worst part of gardening, though living in apartment makes me miss getting my hands in the dirt.
  • kf4vkp
    Options
    Got an email from him this morning: "I'm really sorry !!! I was on a call at work in a server room with my boss and by the time I realized time ... To late !"

On one hand, I get being in with your boss and unable to communicate, on the other, if this message had come as soon as he got out of work yesterday, I think I would have given him a second chance...but since he waited until this morning... I'm thinking not.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Got an email from him this morning: "I'm really sorry !!! I was on a call at work in a server room with my boss and by the time I realized time ... To late !"

On one hand, I get being in with your boss and unable to communicate, on the other, if this message had come as soon as he got out of work yesterday, I think I would have given him a second chance...but since he waited until this morning... I'm thinking not.

Still seems wrong, if he was truly worried about it, he would have contacted you as soon as he could to let you know that he was sorry.