Sedentary or lightly active?

Options
Hi, so after 6 months of eating poorly and not exercising I decided to finally get serious about losing weight again. Anyway I was checking out the profile thing where you can input your information and I'm unsure as to if I should put lightly active or sedentary. I know that exercise doesn't factor into this as it's logged seperately but just to note it, I plan on doing 30 mins 5 days a week. So I work in retail 3-4 days a week for about 6 hours each shift. It's in a bottle shop so I'm constantly on my feet and moving around, moving bottles and lifting cartons. However, on my 3-4 days off, I study and see friends. Which is mostly sitting around, not much movement. I'm confused as to which counts more, because half of the week I'm sedentary and the other half when I'm at work I'm lightly active.

Help?!

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Its probably not that critical; these are estimates at best. Pick one and start; see if it works. If not go to the other.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest lightly active.
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    That confused me too. I initially went with lightly active. Even though I have a desk job, I am not sitting at the desk the entire day. I walk, move around, etc however that wasntthe option so I chose that one and it put me at 1200 cals a day. worked fine for a bit then I changed to moderate. I know it doesnt account for workouts but I feel like with the movement I do all day plus 60+ minutes at the gym I am a little more than slightly active lol I think it moved me to like 1250. I just adjusted my own goals... :-)
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wrong thread