spicy food

Options
I 100% love eating spicy food. I have eaten a grilled chicken sandwhich with hot sauce for the past 2 days.

Anyone eles like spicy food? if so what is your favorite?

Replies

• jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just found a great Habanero salsa at Walmart that goes on anything (as far as I'm concerned)!
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm Indian so spiciness is in my blood! I love it all, especially Indian & Thai food - love that burn!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I just recently learned that there's a butcher shop near me that has over 2,000 types of hot sauce! I stocked up now I have about a dozen bottles in my fridge with names like Scorned Woman and Tongue Torch. My favorite is habanero. I also use sriracha sauce like ketchup, and for Indian food I love me some vindaloo!
  • Amas77
    Amas77 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If I don't end up crying, it's not a real meal. I love it. Hotter the better. I like Mama Africa Habanero sauce but I also will slice up a few thai chillis and put them on just about anything.... even raw on salads.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Love spicy food. Can't get enough. I agree if my mouth doesn't glow or have smoke coming out of it by the end of the meal it wasn't good!!!!
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan. El Yucateco is my go to hot sauce.

Time to plant chiles.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I just recently got turned on to Franks Red Hot Buffalo sauce and i put it on everything. Mac and Cheese, tuna, canned chicken, pizza, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, I LOVE IT!!!!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I make my chicken parm with arrabiatta sauce to give it some kick. I also like chicken with sriracha. When I order pad thai I get spicy level 9 or 10.

I like to throw hot sauce on most anything. Sandwiches, french fries, eggs...
  • tenintwenty
    tenintwenty Posts: 92
    Options
    Current hot sauce loves in order of greatness: 1) green tabasco, 2) franks red hot (original), 3) shiracha. I put that **** on everything... even salad, yes, I put hot sauce in salad. I also love wasabi. I put that on crackers, lunch meat, cheese, and also into salad dressing and tuna.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can put Sriracha on everything. I love spicy...especially Thai food. I buy Thai chilis and dry them out and use them to cook with quite often.
  • jpierc
    jpierc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If it ain't hot, it ain't good.

My go-to sauce is Dave's Ultimate Insanity, but Dave's Bhut Jolokia sauce as the preferred sauce when I can find it. Both leave me with a nice healthy glow and a serious case of the hiccups.

Jalapenos go in everything. I can't find fresh habeneros (sic) where I live, so I will have to start growing them myself. They make such a nice addition to breakfast...
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I put crushed red pepper flakes on EVERYTHING!! I don't like buffalo sauce, but love most other spicy foods!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    There's not a day that goes by that hot sauce is not implemented into my foods....
    Franks, crystals, specialty hotsauces from truck stops.... you name it... we probably use it in my house. Even my kids have become adjusted!

a chicken sandwich with hot sauce is the shiz.....

Edit: oh the Tabasco buffalo hot sauce is really good on a grilled chicken sandwich.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Original Tabasco. I am pretty sure I am composed of 3-5% Tabasco.

But there isn't a hot sauce I don't like...love ALL hot sauce! And crushed red pepper.

A drop or two of Dave's Insanity Sauce in my "famous" vegetarian baked beans is a must. BUT just a drop or two in the whole batch!!! Seriously...that is some hot stuff...but sooooooooooooooooo good!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I love spicy food. Unfortunately my ex couldn't handle anything hotter than black pepper. Fortunately my boyfriend loves hot food just as much as I do. It works well.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ... Grown up on Vindaloos/Phall in the UK now can't do without my hot stuff in Oz, the locals can't make it hot enough so I cook at home and add my homegrown chillies and save some $ :)

Chuck Tabasco in everything, cayenne pepper too ... There is a place down in Byron Bay that makes the hottest sauce too.

Spice is life for me :)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Mick's Ghost Pepper Jelly. Put this stuff on a peanut butter sandwich and it's somewhat like a spicy Thai peanut curry.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chilies sooo bad. I can no longer eat food with out chilies for instance if I must go to a restaurant that serves mainly european food that entire saucer of pepper will be gone. I put chilie flakes on sandwiches, pasta, toast, almost everything thats savory. I am half thai though and we thais can't survive without the burn of spices through our blood. My favourite is the thais nampriks which are literally crushed up chilie pastes that we put on everything. For me any other food is just a way for me to get chilie in. Hot sauce, curries, plain chili of all types, my mouth waters just thinking about it. Yuuuuuummmmmmm!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mick's Ghost Pepper Jelly. Put this stuff on a peanut butter sandwich and it's somewhat like a spicy Thai peanut curry.

Where can I find this jelly??? That sounds amazing!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like food with a bit of spice (not to the point the hotness obliterates the other tastes in the dish, but a nice healthy kick to it.)

But my SO can't really handle hot stuff so I generally have to keep dishes rather mild when preparing a meal for the family.

Quite fond of hot Asian cuisine (especially Indian and Thai).