Which do you think is the best option?

Options
bonniejo
bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night. What do you think I should get? http://fuelroom.com/Images/AustinsMenu2011.pdf

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ouch. That's tough, for a second I thought this was a joke. Isn't it sad how few healthy options are on the menu? Anyways, I would get a burger, without the bun and take it very easy on the fries, or the fajitas but only eat the meat and veggies (maybe one tortilla if you really want it). You're going to have to customize. Watch out for sauces and dressings too! Enjoy dinner!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Fajitas
    Taco Trio
    Steak
  • mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vegetable pizza without the cheese
    Vegetable fajita w/ rice
    Salad things
    etc.

You'd be surprised what restaurants will make for you if you just ask! I like to combine a bunch of side dishes to make a full meal. Cheap and moderately edible.

Have fun
  • bonniejo
    Options
    What do you think of the campfire or wood roasted chicken? Or the veggie wrap?
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Ouch. That's tough, for a second I thought this was a joke. Isn't it sad how few healthy options are on the menu? Anyways, I would get a burger, without the bun and take it very easy on the fries, or the fajitas but only eat the meat and veggies (maybe one tortilla if you really want it). You're going to have to customize. Watch out for sauces and dressings too! Enjoy dinner!

My favorite is the "skinny" pasta. I got it once, not skinny at all! About 5 servings of pasta heaped in sauce with a 6 inch garlic roll!
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What do you think of the campfire or wood roasted chicken? Or the veggie wrap?

Campfire chicken might be okay, ask if it's "brushed" with butter in addition to chipotle though. Wood roasted chicken with the dry rub might be okay, but that rub probably has a ton of sodium. The pork chops actually might not be too bad. I just saw the Big Ranch Kebabs too. That might be the winner, you can ask them to make sure it's cooked without the oil. I only say that because I have worked in restaurants, and EVERYTHING gets a brush of butter or oil before it gets cooked. There really is no "safe" option. Pick the best thing you can, and work it off later.

Personally I don't eat meat, but I usually stay away from wraps because you can never tell how many calories are in the tortilla, and a lot of time they are loaded with dressing.

Oh, and you're right, "skinny" anything on menus is usually a joke. Portion control is key.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    how many cals are you working with here?
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'd get the grilled salmon if I was really watching what I was eating for the night.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    how many cals are you working with here?

I can actually spare quite a few, maybe 800. But I don't want to accidentally use 1200 or more!