Just one of those days

Options
you know life falls apart and its the end of the day and its dinner time. what do you do? some choose to go down the get take aways

I have healthy meals all ready to go

so whats you healthly freezer meal

please include the recipe so we all can enjoy

Replies

• ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup is always in the freezer.

I go to sam's and buy 5 lbs ground turkey and brown it all. Then I portion it into the cooked equivalent of 12 oz (there are 3 of us) and freeze.
    I do the same with chicken breast, cut each breast into 1" rounds, bake 6 pounds with 3 different seasonings.
    Then I have my protein all taken care of and can easily defrost in the fridge or microwave.
    Frozen veggies take up an entire shelf in the freezer.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Dump chicken. I found several versions on Pinterest. Basically you place the chicken breasts in a freezer bag and add your marinade and pop it in the freezer. If you know you're going to have a busy day, dump the chicken into the crockpot and get rid of the bag. When you get home, the main part is ready. My husband's favorites are the barbecue (we use a homemade recipe to avoid high fructose corn syrup) and the Hawaiian Chicken.
    2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup vinegar
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1/2 cup pineapple juice (just use whats in the can)
    1/2 can large pineapple chunks.
    Dump all the ingredients into the bag that you've labeled and on cooking day pop it in the crockpot for 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
    Serve it over rice (we like brown rice). Of course, feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking/dietary needs.
    For some more chicken recipes you can go here http://www.overthebigmoon.com/super-fast-chicken-freezer-meals/.
    I'm crazy over Pinterest because I can find tons of recipes although the ones I have pinned are a mixed bag of healthy and not so healthy
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    thanks for those

anyone else got any?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you know life falls apart and its the end of the day and its dinner time. what do you do? some choose to go down the get take aways

I have healthy meals all ready to go

so whats you healthly freezer meal

please include the recipe so we all can enjoy

i would just get the takeaway!