Looking for PM shift RNs for support

Options
I work PM shifts part-time for the nearby county hospital. My weight gain began when I stopped nursing and was working PM shift. After work I would feel always hungry, so I would snack on junk food before going to sleep. Since joining MFP and using the Fitbit One pedometer I started loosing weight finally. I am 5'7". My heaviest was 150 (don't ever wanna go there again), but I am currently at 138. My goal ultimate goal would be to return to 118, which is what I weighed when graduating from high school. Feel free to add me. I log and weigh in on a daily basis.

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Shift work does make it tough, especially evening or night shifts. I feel your pain.

And with nursing, soooo many bad treats magically appear in the break room lol :grumble:
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I worked the evening shift for many years until my kids started having games and such. Then I went to nights...that was worse. I constantly ate high calorie, high sugar and fatty foods to stay awake....that was the start of my tremendous wt gain
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I too am a shift worker. All the junk at night makes it tough and I believe it really messes with your metabolism