Exercise Right Before Zzzzzs

Options
Sorry if this has been asked a million times!

I didn't get a chance to workout today and i work 12 hrs at a time. I am about to get off work at 6 am and want to do SOME type of exercise so I won't feel like a lazy slacker but logically it seems sort of pointless to go all day on my calories, then workout right before going to sleep? Opinions?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you want to work out, and it won't affect your sleep, go for it. Sometimes working out right before bed means I have trouble falling asleep, but that's an individual thing.
  • quikbite
    quikbite Posts: 4
    Options
    Some type of Hatha yoga video may work for you before bed and help stretch out the kinks from the day.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Vigorous exercise right before bed can make it hard for me to get to sleep.

However, light exercise, preferably with a lady friend (in my case), is perfectly ok.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I work the night shift and the only kid free time I have is once they go to school right after I get off work. So thats when I work out. I lift heavy then and everything. I go directly to sleep when I get home, so I can get back up with them when they get home from school. I do take a preworkout sometimes in the morning, but I think I am immune to caffiene because I dont have any trouble falling to sleep after working out.

Today I am tired though. I am going home to bed.