Try a workout before you pigout!!

Options
I have become one of those NEED to run people!!
I was really fed up last night, so having had a good food day and closed my diary, I went and bought a slab of Cadbury's fruit and nut and some shortbread, oh and as I was in the office yesterday there were cigarettes again too. So there I was - still grumpy, but now smoky and stuffed full - well into the red number zone :cry:
Got up still grumpy this morning, decided as I hated the world anyway, may as well run the kids to school (they scooted) and then do a loop before landing at my desk.
Oh my goodness me, the difference 4 miles makes - I must have been angry, I completed my fastest ever mile and my fasted ever 5K and I now have an enormous smile on my face.

The moral of this tale, is before you stuff your face (like I did last night) with chocolate and biscuits - Go for a walk/run/dance/class/swim/cycle (whatever you do to burn) - As a mood enhancer it does not get better!!

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    good advice

keep up the good work

quote Everyday you have the choice to get closer to your goals or farther away from them. You have the choice. It's up to you and only you.

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

anyone can add me
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    As added benefits it will up rev up the metabolism and possibly get you over the urge to eat less healthy foods. After all that running you might decide to have a better snack but, even if you go for the candy/cookies, you might eat less or at least you have more calories available to keep you out of the red...because you worked for it! Excellent strategy to remember in the future!