Help with huge legs

Options
Hi, I am currently 140lb 5'4 female. I really need some help, my issue is, whilst the top half of my body is getting smaller and more toned my legs (above the knee in particular) has stayed pretty much the same.

I look completely disproportioned and I know I can't effectively target fat loss from one area but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to slim down my legs.

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. Sooner or later you'll lose fat from your legs as well.
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Just keep yourself at a caloric deficit and you will lose fat.

Also, try intermittent fasting. http://www.youtube.com/user/fastingtwins
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Youve already stated you know you can't spot reduce. So, you still can't spot reduce. Just keep doing as you're doing. It'll eventually come off.
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You can try doing more upper body strength training . This can help to balance you out if you have a tendency to be bigger on the bottom.
  • charlieeaster
    charlieeaster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have the same problem and have tried a wide variety of exercise and diet combinations. Finally i have found what works for me....Spinning and sticking to this diet site. 2 months of spinning 2 or 3 times a week and sticking to my allowance has really toned up my legs and bum, whist losing weight all over. Good luck!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Just keep losing weight, it will come off. you cant target a certain area.
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My legs started toninng with 2-3 times intense spinning class per week. Additional I run up to 16 miles per week. Now the pool season started and I will add 2000m -3000m 2-3 times per week to the mix. I am not much of a lifter, since I am already pretty toned in the arms. (We lift weights and add push-ups during spinning session on the bike):happy:

You will see that your legs will improve. I am getting this nice muscle bump on the side above my knee and I love it. But they are still touching in the inside and that may never change. Just have to wear biker shorts or running thights for runs to avoid any chaffing.

Good luck.:wink:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a deficit.

and SQUAT!!!! With a heavy(for you) barbell.

and deadlift.

and...

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options
    Running, lunges, squats & repeat. If you do those three things you will notice a difference in no time.
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you know you can't spot reduce, but you can build muscle. If you build more lean muscle in your legs then that will help reduce the actual fat in your legs. You're legs might not get "smaller" per se, but they will get much more toned and will even out. weighted Squats, deadlifts, lunges, maybe some plyometrics thrown in there too.

Hope that helps! Keep going and good luck!
  • madz0333
    madz0333 Posts: 5
    Options
    hi, i agree with ereckless, this is very true.

i use the vibraxis machine (vibration plate) which really helps my legs, some people think you just stand on it and loose weight (this is really not true) i do squats on it, but i mainly use it for preparation for my actual workout as i have muscle problems through illness so it just gets my body ready to move for the real workout basically.

but if im too ill for a proper work out i still go on the vibration plate just to loosen my bones and muscles up and it really helps, if you do intense squats you can feel the aftereffects in your legs all day. but you need to learn the actual exercises, please dont just stand on the thing , lol :) hope this helps x
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Gal here with large thighs and rear end. I walk. As I built up walking, I starting doing the hills to get my stamina up. My hamstrings and calves are getting some definition and over all my lower body is loosing weight. If you don't have hills, try the incline on the treadmill or eliptical.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Here's my thought, get in a pool and kick, kick,kick. Hang onto the edge and try to deep from splashing. Enjoy!