Options
    me!!!have survived for 3days a row lol
    i'm used to be a scale-a-holic :P
    I weighted myself everyday before haha
  • leelu137
    leelu137 Posts: 46
    Options
    Yes, I'm just getting upset.

I have upped my calories so I net 1200 per day I. Trying to beat my personal bests whilst training . I have had my hubby hide the scales for one month to see if it helps as I'm stuck in a plateau.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm not participating in No Weigh May because I generally only weigh myself every 4-6 weeks at my doctor's office anyway (I don't own scales). I'm actually due for a weigh-in, so I'll probably step on a scale in the next few days.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No I still check once a week but I measure at the same time
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Jeffs32
    Jeffs32 Posts: 18
    Options
    no point of me getting on the scales the weight has never changed over the past 5 weeks.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yes I have almost altogether. I now weigh and measure on the 1st of each month... I was becoming obsessed and weighing at least once and day and my mood was determined by that arbitrary number - enough.

I am pretty much only here for maintenance and so a once a monthly weigh is much more appropriate. I do measure though as I am trying to tone and build muscle and that is a much better indication for me of how I am doing. I have managed this for two months now and it is working well.

I would highly recommend putting them away for a month at a time...
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I ditched it in March. Was nice to see that number on the scale with the loss after waiting and wondering.
    Thinking about it for May. Can still track measurements so it's not to bad. But the numbers just draw you in don't they,specially when you have alot to go.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yep since November!!!!

So anti the scale haha.. :laugh:
  • BirdBrains
    BirdBrains Posts: 4
    Options
    No, doesn't work for me I'm afraid, I started ditching them when I got sent on a weekly weight loss group by my doctor thinking it'd be good to just be weighed once a week there, but in doing this I started putting on again, I need the daily reminder to keep myself motivated!
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    No but I'm not obsessive anyway so no reason to :smile:
  • joystick1
    joystick1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Definately not, what happens if you put on, I've made that mistake before and ended up a stone heavier by not going on the scales.
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm not participating in No Weigh May because I generally only weigh myself every 4-6 weeks at my doctor's office anyway (I don't own scales). I'm actually due for a weigh-in, so I'll probably step on a scale in the next few days.

Yep I actually don't own scales! I have weighed myself twice in 2 weeks only for the hunger games challenge (which requires weight) but I have to go to my mum's to do so. I never actually weigh myself unless at the drs. I personally prefer measurements to scales anyway
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    In about 2 weeks time that's the plan as I'm pretty sure I'm going to gain from building muscle. I think weighing myself during that stage will be self destructive, so going to avoid it!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    feet_scale_error_message2.jpg

Stepped on the scale this morning and it said I gained 20 lbs. then said ERR.
    Stepped on it again and it said I only gained 10 lbs but my body fat % had doubled.
    Stepped on it again and it said everything had remained the same... all within 6 minutes.

Time for a new scale.

Tape measure and my clothing say I'm losing inches, plus I feel a whole lot better... more energy, more stamina.
  • HHackney
    HHackney Posts: 9
    Options
    I have, but haven't. I've been working on getting into better shape for months now and I have all but stopped losing weight. I still step on the scale every day, but I have been measuring myself and have see much better results than with using the scale. According to the scale I've lost two pounds in the last two months...but according to my tape measure I've dropped two inches on my waist. I use the scale as part of the morning routine I use to habituate myself into paying attention to the effects of things that I put in my body, but I don't trust the number it produces or live by it.
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oJ8I_yYN-cc/UO7tS3hVuXI/AAAAAAAAVuI/XolaHz2FPzk/s1600/tumblr_mg0ftmSo9J1rb3pkyo1_500.jpg

Apparently, that's the difference between 5 Ibs of fat and 5 Ibs of muscles.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I decided today that I MUST only weigh in once a week. I've been getting crazy and weighing myself multiple times a day and all it does is stress me out. For the past month the scale has consistently gone down 1 lb every Wednesday, so that is my new weigh in day. It sounds so silly in retrospect but it's a reality for me lol.