Jawbone UP Team Members

Options
Hey everyone... I'm getting back in the game and to start I added a Jawbone UP to my arsenal of tools. Now I just need to add some team members for that extra motivation.

If you have a Jawbone UP and would like to be part of my team let me know!

I think we can add by email or Twitter handle.

I'm HeatherABC on Twitter.

Look forward to teaming up with you!!!

Replies

• yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've added you on Twitter :) I'm struggling with buying either a Jawbone UP / BodyMedia / Nike Fuel band
    why did you choose Jawbone UP?

joan
  • Heather_A
    Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I actually have a Fitbit One and now the Jawbone. I bought the Jawbone because they added the MFP integration and I've been wanting to try a bracelet tracker. I've also used the BMFit in the past.

I just got home from shopping and noticed that the Jawbone UP is off my Fitbit One's step count by about 700+ steps. I think it's because I tend to carry things in that hand and it wasn't moving enough. Today's the first day I've had both on me for the same amount of time.

I love the Jawbone app, but I'm not sure how accurate the device is compared to my Fitbit. 700 steps is quite a difference. Of course it was 700 steps LESS than my One so that could be a motivator to actually get MORE steps in each day ;)
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had the fit bit and the Body Media and both gave me way more steps than the Jawbone. I've had the jawbone for about a week and I average between 2200 and 2300 calories and both the fit bit and body media average between 2600 and 2700 calories that is a big difference.
  • Heather_A
    Options
    I am seriously considering returning the Jawbone UP. The app is nice and flashy, I love the style of the bracelet, and the visual reminder wearing it gives me. However, I feel like I get more information feedback from Fitbit than JBU. I don't like that I can't track my weight. That's a big one for me.

I've got about 10 days to decide to return it. I plan to keep playing with it until then and go from there. I think big things are on the horizon for JBU, just not sure if it's there for me yet.

I'm still looking for team members if anyone is interested. If you follow me on Twitter let me know and I will follow you back and then add you as a team member.

Edit: I also ended the day with a 573 step difference between the FB1 and the JBU. I'll be interested to see what today shows as far as the difference.
  • lizubia
    lizubia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Did you end up keeping the Jawbone Up or returning it?
  • spicerv1
    spicerv1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Got an UP (version 2) when they first came out...stopped working less than a month later. To make a long story short, Jawbone would not honor their warranty even though they knew the problem was their defect. They stated since I didn't purchase it directly from them (got it in the Apple store) they couldn't help me. Went to Apple, told them the story. Apple not only offered to replace it...but they also gave me my money back. Decided Jawbone still has issues (it's not really waterproof) with the UP. Ordering the Fitbit Flex. Keeping my fingers crossed this works as advertised.
  • ladyn05
    ladyn05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone up, and withings pulse. I enjoy the fact that everything is easy for me to track. I walked with both of them on my jawbone compare to my pules was off by a little. But not enough to be concerned.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I bought one but the wrist band is too small (I could swear I had 6" wrists). I'm returning it today and will start using it tomorrow morning!
  • HacheraTsarine
    Options
    I actually have a Fitbit One and now the Jawbone. I bought the Jawbone because they added the MFP integration and I've been wanting to try a bracelet tracker. I've also used the BMFit in the past.

I just got home from shopping and noticed that the Jawbone UP is off my Fitbit One's step count by about 700+ steps. I think it's because I tend to carry things in that hand and it wasn't moving enough. Today's the first day I've had both on me for the same amount of time.

I love the Jawbone app, but I'm not sure how accurate the device is compared to my Fitbit. 700 steps is quite a difference. Of course it was 700 steps LESS than my One so that could be a motivator to actually get MORE steps in each day ;)

Jawbone Up is known to consider any arm movement as a step, so if you're not moving your arms enough while walking, your steps won't be computarized. And if you have insane arm movements while you don't walk, those movements will be computarized as steps.
  • HacheraTsarine
    Options
    Got an UP (version 2) when they first came out...stopped working less than a month later. To make a long story short, Jawbone would not honor their warranty even though they knew the problem was their defect. They stated since I didn't purchase it directly from them (got it in the Apple store) they couldn't help me. Went to Apple, told them the story. Apple not only offered to replace it...but they also gave me my money back. Decided Jawbone still has issues (it's not really waterproof) with the UP. Ordering the Fitbit Flex. Keeping my fingers crossed this works as advertised.

Let me know how it works out for you. Even though I already bought the Up, I'm still interested in the Flex too (I had an hard time choosing...)
  • mikeviney9
    Options
    hi guys just got the up and getting it set up just need a few team mates to help move it alone add mike viney and get this party going hope it works well and gets me moving a bit more
  • kwalton65
    kwalton65 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hi all. the wife and I are just getting back into the swing of things. we both purchased an UP today and are looking for team members to keep us motivated and vice versa. our emails are
    bowserthedog@hotmail.com
    kwalton65@gmail.com

add us to your team if you want to help each other out!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • Heather_A
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Looks like I'm back in the Jawbone UP game. I've been using the app on my Pebble watch for the last few days and I just pre-ordered the UP3. It's definitely improved since I had the first gen UP. I have a good feeling about the UP3 and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I'm still looking for UP team members. You can find me as Heather ABC and my picture is of my cat and dog looking out the window.
  • needlerknits
    needlerknits Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Heather, did you get the black or the silver? I will be getting the UP3 thanks to a "thank you / early Christmas" check from Mom. It looks as though black is the only choice to preorder from Best Buy, but you can get either one on the Jawbone site?