new HRM - now what?!

Well, I've taken a break from the scale and from MFP. I've been exercising 4 days a week between different TaeBo tapes and recently started running. Somehow I've gained 15 lbs since the last time I stepped on the scale (about 5 months ago). I could tell things weren't fitting right, but the number on the scale this morning just about blew me through the ceiling.

Anyway, I recently got a HRM watch, but I kind of don't know what to do with it. I watch my calories burned (anywhere between 600 and 880 with just my workouts) and just started back on MFP this week to watch my calories. What should the difference be between burned and eaten?

Thanks in advance. Im privately panicking because I swore to myself I'd never get close to this scale number again. :(

Replies

• robynlynn815
    robynlynn815 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm bumping this for you... maybe you will get an answer. Good luck!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Did you set up your goals on MFP? If you do, you'll get a daily calorie goal that includes the deficit required for your loss. When you exercise, enter your calorie burn into MFP. It will automatically bump up your daily caloric requirement so that you can eat more. Once you've set it all up you don't need to do your own calculations. Good luck