I need some advice from crossfitters!

Options
stefa711
stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
Okay, first a little background: I am a distance runner. I run about 40-50 miles every week. I eat at a small defecit and I lose about .5 to 1 lb per week. At this point, I am fairly happy with my size I just want to reduce my body fat percentage.

There is a free crossfit gym on post and my Commander and I are going to start doing the WOD everyday at lunch.

So, my question is this: will it be more beneficial to eat at a defecit, maintenance, or a surplus on days I am doing crossfit? Should I still eat at a defecit on days that I only run?

Any help would be great! I don't want any hard work to go to waste :)

Thanks!!

Replies

• quirkyone1
    quirkyone1 Posts: 78
    Options
    Doing crossfit and lifting, I find it difficult to maintain a large deficit. On my rest days I'm eating ~1800 and workout days are usually closer to 2000 (My estimated TDEE is about 2300). I wouldn't suggest doing the WODs everyday because they are high intensity workouts. You are already doing a significant amount of exercise running 40-50 miles per week. Honestly you may be better off eating at maintenance.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    There is a free crossfit gym on post and my Commander and I are going to start doing the WOD everyday at lunch.

I tried getting my wife to call me that, it never caught on however technically accurate it was. :smile:
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Doing crossfit and lifting, I find it difficult to maintain a large deficit. On my rest days I'm eating ~1800 and workout days are usually closer to 2000 (My estimated TDEE is about 2300). I wouldn't suggest doing the WODs everyday because they are high intensity workouts. You are already doing a significant amount of exercise running 40-50 miles per week. Honestly you may be better off eating at maintenance.

Thanks! I say everyday but with our work schedule it will probably balance out to 3 times during the work week.
    I tried getting my wife to call me that, it never caught on however technically accurate it was.

Literally laughed out loud at this. I sometimes forget that the rest of the world doesn't speak Army. Just my boss haha.
  • akanewbie
    akanewbie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    surplus definately, crossfit will shred calories and you will need the energy
  • bowhuntr09
    bowhuntr09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did my first CF workout last night. I barely survived! ;-) If you can do that and maintain your 50 miles a week more power to you. My quads are so drained today its not even funny. I think you're going to need to eat to do this.