Blod clots in legs?

Options
SDkitty
SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
I have finally made an apt at the Doctor (finally have insurance!) to get the clots/knots/hardballsoffierypain in my lower legs checked out. Has anyone had this happen? Can someone please calm my fears? This has been going on for close to a year now, I didn't think much of it because a woman I worked with said she had the same thing and it was just a potassium deficiency but I have been getting all the potassium a person could need and I'm still getting them. I dismissed them as muscle knots because they occasionally develop even when I haven't worked out.

On a side note, I do occasionally get sharp pains in my chest where it feels like I can't breathe, my mom always told me it was my heart skipping a beat. Not sure if that's related since that's been going on for as long as I can remember but I guess I should get that checked too. *le sigh*

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the worst part is not knowing, because I don't know about you, but between the internet and my wild imagination, reality is usually a piece of cake in comparison.

Maybe make a short list of things you want to be sure to mention, in case you are nervous at the time or the dr is in a rush.

WTG for taking a step to get some answers. :flowerforyou:
  • Hoodie16
    Hoodie16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    During and after I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred my calf muscles hurt terribly. It hurt to bend my right leg when going up stairs or bending that leg to get into the car. This went on for months and the aching behind my right leg (the back of the knee and calf muscle) was constant. I went to the doctor because people freaked me out that it may be a blood clot. Turns out it is something called a Baker's Cyst caused by too much synovial fluid in the knee. It has no where to go when the knee is bent so it bulges out the back. Bending my leg will then make it worse, standing on my feet will make it worse, etc. I did some exercises, used cold compresses, and it is much better and not a constant pain. Sometimes things are not as bad as you freak yourself out to be and are fairly simple to fix. I hope everything goes well in your appointment :)
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the worst part is not knowing, because I don't know about you, but between the internet and my wild imagination, reality is usually a piece of cake in comparison.
    Sometimes things are not as bad as you freak yourself out to be and are fairly simple to fix. I hope everything goes well in your appointment :)

Thank you both, I'm pretty sure my biggest problem right now is not understanding what is happening to me and trying to figure it out on my own. I've finally got to a point where I freaked myself out so much that I had to make an apt. :sad:
  • Gamble97
    Gamble97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blood clots are not to be played with... At any time they can break off and travel to your heart... my advise dont wait go straight to your dr...I had a blood that ran from ankle to behind my knee... was on bed rest for two weeks to have them desolve..
  • djcrum31
    djcrum31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You would know if it was a blood clot, trust me! I had one in my left leg about a year and a half ago and it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. It took almost a month to diagnose what it was and in that time it spread from my middle calf to just above my knee. You didn't really mention if the pain had moved locations or if it is mainly in one location, but since this has been going on for a year I'm guessing it is something other than a clot. Good luck!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have finally made an apt at the Doctor (finally have insurance!) to get the clots/knots/hardballsoffierypain in my lower legs checked out. Has anyone had this happen? Can someone please calm my fears? This has been going on for close to a year now, I didn't think much of it because a woman I worked with said she had the same thing and it was just a potassium deficiency but I have been getting all the potassium a person could need and I'm still getting them. I dismissed them as muscle knots because they occasionally develop even when I haven't worked out.

On a side note, I do occasionally get sharp pains in my chest where it feels like I can't breathe, my mom always told me it was my heart skipping a beat. Not sure if that's related since that's been going on for as long as I can remember but I guess I should get that checked too. *le sigh*

:flowerforyou:

I had blood clots in my left leg and could not WALK. Even on crutches, I was crying with every step. It was the most agony I have EVER been in, and that was just for a few weeks. So I don't think it will be that. But you still definitely need to get it checked out.