31 Day Challenge: Make It To One-derland by May 31st 2013

Options
I've recently recommitted to my weight loss journey in the last few weeks and I've lost a net of 5lbs. But I've got bigger goals and dreams, like loosing 20lbs in the next 31days and making it to One-derland! I know it can be done and I believe in myself...as long as I have some encouragement to keep going!!

(If you care to read the full story, check out my MFP blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WorkoutMusicDiva/view/need-help-getting-to-one-derland-526092)

What are your goals for the month of May 2013? Are you trying to make it to One-derland too this month? Please share and let's keep each other accountable this month with weigh-ins and tales of the journey! Feel free to post stats, pics and links to your MFP blog.

Here are my stats:
Starting Weight (May 1, 2013): 215lbs
Goal Weight: 195

WE CAN DO THIS!

Replies

• SamiAm1227
    SamiAm1227 Posts: 12
    Options
    I would also love to make it to One-derland!

SW(May 1)- 219
    GW (May 31)- 199
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    Wow, you're so CLOSE!!! We can do this, girl!! What's your plan to get there? I'm planning on making some tweaks to my diet, adding in a second workout 2-3 days a week (I already workout at least 6 days a week) and "sneaking" more activity in my day like taking the stairs when I can, walking at lunch, etc.
  • RaiseAndRun
    RaiseAndRun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have also recently recommitted myself to losing weight. Thank you for starting this 31 Day Challenge.

SW (May 1) 211lbs
    GW (May 31) 195lbs
  • SamiAm1227
    SamiAm1227 Posts: 12
    Options
    My plan is to cut out added sugars as much as possible, stick to whole wheat and whole grain carbs, and watch my calories of course. I also am planning on doing 30 Day Shred along with some cardio.
  • BiancaYvette15
    BiancaYvette15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have an exact number in mind as far as how much weight I want to lose in the following month, however my goal is to stay consistent with the Insanity workout & to get my eating habits under control & on track!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    My plan is to cut out added sugars as much as possible, stick to whole wheat and whole grain carbs, and watch my calories of course. I also am planning on doing 30 Day Shred along with some cardio.

I've been watching my sugar in take like a hawk too, lately and you have to watch out for some whole wheat breads and products because they could have added sugar. I like using sprouted grain breads (Ezekiel 4:9 by Food For Life is a great brand).
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    I don't have an exact number in mind as far as how much weight I want to lose in the following month, however my goal is to stay consistent with the Insanity workout & to get my eating habits under control & on track!

Ooooh, Insanity! That is like my holy grail of fitness right now! I am planning my workouts this month around increasing my cardio vascular fitness and stamena so I can build up to Insanity. I plan on purchasing it as my reward for hitting my goal at the end of the month. Right now, my thought process is if I can't stick with the bunch of workout DVD's I already have in the house for 30 days, I'll just be waisting money purchasing something new. Please keep posting and let me know how you're liking it!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    Yeah! Welcome aboard!
  • luv3babies
    luv3babies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 31 day challenge
    sw May 1st. 212
    Gw May 31st. 195
    height 5'9
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    I'm in for the 31 day challenge
    sw May 1st. 212
    Gw May 31st. 195
    height 5'9

Woo hoo! Welcome! Wow, so many of us who are "so close!"
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in onederland. That would mean a loss of 4.5 pounds. I am hoping that I can get there in the next 2 weeks or less. I am so close I can taste it!!!!
  • AprilHnew
    AprilHnew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    we can do this!!!
    CW 263
    GW 243( mini goal)
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    I would love to be in onederland. That would mean a loss of 4.5 pounds. I am hoping that I can get there in the next 2 weeks or less. I am so close I can taste it!!!!

Girl, I remember what it used to taste like...it's like 0 calorie sweetener!! All the sweetness without the guilt :>) Welcome aboard!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    we can do this!!!
    CW 263
    GW 243( mini goal)

We sure can! That's still 20lbs closer to One-derland!
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced I can make it to ONE-derland by 5/31, but I'd like it to be within reach by the end of the month!

SW 243.4
    CW 215.5
    GW for 5/31 205
  • ajsjourney
    ajsjourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, lets do it!!
    May 1st: 208
    May 31st: 199
    Im averaging a 7 lb loss a month, so I will have to kick it up a notch!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    I'm not convinced I can make it to ONE-derland by 5/31, but I'd like it to be within reach by the end of the month!

SW 243.4
    CW 215.5
    GW for 5/31 205

It is certainly a worthy goal! Let's do it together!
  • WorkoutMusicDiva
    Options
    Ok, lets do it!!
    May 1st: 208
    May 31st: 199
    Im averaging a 7 lb loss a month, so I will have to kick it up a notch!

Oh wow, that's right there in your grasp girl!!
  • worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This month I would like to loose instead of yo-yoing up and back down. I would like to work out at least 4x a week, as long as my hectic work schedules allow. Trying to find my motivation and remain consistent is the hardest thing!

May 1st: 261
    May 31st: 250
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Proud of all of you and the goals you've commited to for the month! Let's rock it out :-)