Body media, will it do what I want it to do?

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
Just got back from the Cardiologist, not great news, whatever. :huh:

I had a fitbit zip but washed it & now, thanks to diabetic related abnormal findings, I'm gonna need something that can track my activities with a little more precision.

It's looking like bodymedia is what I need to get.

I'd like to be able to print reports & track my progress to bring to doctors appointments. My glucometer does this & it's proven to be extremely helpful.

Are there any other HR monitors that I can research that is similar to bodymedia?

Replies

• MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    HRM are entirely different from BMF. BMF are designed to be worn 24/7; HRM are for cardio exercise. However I find my BMF records my cardio exercise just fine; maybe not as precisely as a HRM but experiments/comparisons that I have done with it shows it to be pretty close. You really should explore the BMF website--read the articles and look at the info they provide to see exactly what they can do. BMF just put out an announcement that they been bought by Jawbone so I don't know how that is going to affect them. Also BMF is supposed to come out with a new device in fall or winter that sounds really nice.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I didn't realize BFM necessarily wasn't a HRM. I was on the website but I admit I'm a little distracted by all the things my cardiologist said & my next course of action.

What do you think of bodybugg?

It seems I'm hypertensive & I'm not sure right now as I haven't had time to research yet (appt. was 9am this morning) how to go about monitoring my condition. I've been given a Rx for Zestril, sooooo, yeah.

Cardiologist isn't keen on weight training, wants me to add cardio, soooo, yeah.
    Thanks again for the input.