importance of traffic on forums

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
seriously, the more people are rude and sarcastic, the more stuff actually gets enough traffic to even see what you were complaining about in the first place.

Take out sarcastic peeps and you're left with a lifeless board nobody posts on.

KTHXBAI

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    HIBAI
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    INORITE!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    STFU

:bigsmile:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    *decided not to post to promote lifelessness*
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Nobody_cares.gif
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Nobody_cares.gif

This!
  • _noob_
    Options
    Nobody_cares.gif

nut-kick-o.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    hi
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    seriously, the more people are rude and sarcastic, the more stuff actually gets enough traffic to even see what you were complaining about in the first place.

KTHXBAI

That and nude pictures are the crux of the Internet fad.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    41F69F678BF7B0A882F0D59FB2F072.gif
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Nobody_cares.gif

nut-kick-o.gif

tumblr_m4r5rjthg01r7pvyc.gif
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    This is actually true. I know it was said tongue-in-cheek (or tongue-in-someone-else's-mouth, whatever the saying is).

I used to help run a support forum for women. It was truly a lovely place. It was the sister site of a military spouses support forum which was fast and busy and loaded with arguments and disagreements, some drama, etc. Our site was designed for those who were no longer spouses and/or just needed some girlfriends. Despite having hundreds of members, maybe 30 of us posted regularly. We were all very BFF-like with each other. If we disagreed it was respectfully done, and most of the time ended nicely. What brings people around are the arguments. I loved our little love-fest. I still talk to most of these women. But we had zero drama to keep anyone interested and ended up having to shutter the place.

That said, I can't stand these forums. But...I can't get enough of them.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    41F69F678BF7B0A882F0D59FB2F072.gif

Cute bunnies!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    This is actually true. I know it was said tongue-in-cheek (or tongue-in-someone-else's-mouth, whatever the saying is).

I used to help run a support forum for women. It was truly a lovely place. It was the sister site of a military spouses support forum which was fast and busy and loaded with arguments and disagreements, some drama, etc. Our site was designed for those who were no longer spouses and/or just needed some girlfriends. Despite having hundreds of members, maybe 30 of us posted regularly. We were all very BFF-like with each other. If we disagreed it was respectfully done, and most of the time ended nicely. What brings people around are the arguments. I loved our little love-fest. I still talk to most of these women. But we had zero drama to keep anyone interested and ended up having to shutter the place.

That said, I can't stand these forums. But...I can't get enough of them.

If you want to see real mean people and drama drop by the discussion board on a pregnancy site. Those ladies are psycho.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

KTHXBAI

QFT!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    drama.gif
  • _noob_
    Options

If you want to see real mean people and drama drop by the discussion board on a pregnancy site. Those ladies are psycho.

true story...

while my wife was posting on the bump somebody posted about taking their child out of their carseat during a trip to calm them down on a long trip. Another poster became an internet detective and actually reported that poster to their nearest child protective service.

**** got weird from there.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    IN for CTFU
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

true story...

while my wife was posting on the bump somebody posted about taking their child out of their carseat during a trip to calm them down on a long trip. Another poster became an internet detective and actually reported that poster to their nearest child protective service.

**** got weird from there.

Don't mention breast feeding vs formula feeding, people go ape **** over that!!