Measuring and weighing food

Options
2»

Replies

• susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great post! I just bought a food scale yesterday and it was a real eye opener for me. I found I was underestimating the amount of calories I was eating and that was/is very determental to my weight loss progress. My husband is going to go crazy with how much I will be measuring my food...lol.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    What I found disheartening was peanut butter. Maybe it's just me, but I can't work with 32 grams of peanut butter for a sufficient PB&J.

I'm with you on this!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. :D
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    Good post. perhaps I will buy a scale and a couple of measuring cups for foods when I am away from home. Thank you for the insight!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    100%!!!! I bought a food scale a few months ago and I just don't know how I lived without it! I never have to guess or wonder if I'm eating the right portion. I have learned that portion size can make all the difference in the world and it's so important to be as accurate as you can. Thanks for posting!
  • marlamclean
    marlamclean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So true Deb! Soup is another one that tripped me up at first! I bought what is packaged as the Primo Individual serving soup because it is so easy to take to work. But when I read the nutrutional label I find that the serving size is between 1/2 and 2/3 of that container. I personally think that marketers should be required to provide exactly a serving size if they are marketing the product as a single serve item. What am I going to do with the 1/3 can of soup left?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything. Even the stuff where servings come in cups or tablespoons, I weigh it instead. I really don't care most of the time if I have more than a serving though... I just add 1.3 serving or whatever in my diary.