Skinny Italian

Options
nolachick
nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
Hey Guys, I just ordered Skinny Italian by Teresa Giudice, and I just love, love, love her!

I went and previewed the book in store already and it looks great, the recipes look delicious, and it even has nutrition facts so that's a big PLUS!

Just curious if anyone bought it yet or thinking of getting it? if so have u tried any of the recipes?

I'm so excited to start trying her recipes. :bigsmile:

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Didn't know about it. But now that you're excited about it, keep us posted on if you like it and I'll then consider it. Thanks!
  • nolachick
    Options
    Well I absolutely love Real housewives of new jersey and love love love Teresa so I wanted to look into it. I went to the book store and read through it for like an hour and fell in love with it.!! At the book store it's $19.99 and online its only $11.99 so what a great deal! the book is high quality meaning even tho it says paper back the paper is really thick and glossy so I know it will last and the recipes look delicious and reminds me of real home cooking.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    what's the book about?

i'm just curious because majority of people in italy aren't fat. people always associate pasta with fat and there's that stereotype of the fat italian and their huge dish of pasta, but people in italy usually have salad and when having pasta, eat smaller portion sizes.

here in north america, it's so the opposite in terms of portion sizes, types of sauces, the overall dish and authenticity of food. I mean, even alfredo sauce in italy never was used with heavy cream a long time ago, but north americans did that.

sorry, but i just felt like getting that off my chest

/end rant
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    what's the book about?

i'm just curious because majority of people in italy aren't fat. people always associate pasta with fat and there's that stereotype of the fat italian and their huge dish of pasta, but people in italy usually have salad and when having pasta, eat smaller portion sizes.

here in north america, it's so the opposite in terms of portion sizes, types of sauces, the overall dish and authenticity of food. I mean, even alfredo sauce in italy never was used with heavy cream a long time ago, but north americans did that.

/end rant

hahaha. This made me laugh. My BF is 100% Italian and his family is right off the boat. All Skinny except for 2. My family 1/2 Italian and all overweight for the most part. Grandparents off the boat.
  • nolachick
    Options
    what's the book about?

/end rant

well i think u will like this book! I read the introduction and she basically is trying to give authentic italian recipes and she emphasizes the difference between italian american food like olive garden (where the nutrition facts are horrendous!) and between the real healthy stuff. how u are supposed to eat and what u are supposed to cook with.

they look like fun recipe's mostly everything from scratch even pizza, pasta, red sauce etc. check it out at the book store before u buy it if ur interested. its a vibrant book, and its not just a cook book she explains a lot about her life and how dinner shud be at home with the family every way and u shud not rush thru meals but sit down and enjoy every bite (in correct portions of course) she gives tips on life, family, marriage etc.

I absolutely love what I read and I think a lot of people will be surprised since all the housewives have written books about random topics but this one I actually believe in.