Logging gummy vitamins?

Options
I have a lot of trouble swallowing large pills (my daily vitamin, for example), so I recently switched to the chewable gummy vitamins for women. There are 15 calories/2 vitamins. Should I be logging these with my food? I haven't been so far, as it is only 15 calories, but I wasn't sure whether or not I should. Any thoughts? I am pretty careful when I log my food, including all of my condiments and everything....but are these 15 calories from vitamins important to log?

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. Up to you though. :flowerforyou:
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options
    I have a lot of trouble swallowing large pills (my daily vitamin, for example), so I recently switched to the chewable gummy vitamins for women. There are 15 calories/2 vitamins. Should I be logging these with my food? I haven't been so far, as it is only 15 calories, but I wasn't sure whether or not I should. Any thoughts? I am pretty careful when I log my food, including all of my condiments and everything....but are these 15 calories from vitamins important to log?

I take the One-A-Day gummies. I don't track that stuff; all that diet micromanaging crap will drive you insane. Just concentrate on your macros & calorie intake.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't log vitamins. I do log coffee creamer and sugar because that adds up quickly, but not vitamins or gum.
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I take the One-A-Day gummies. I don't track that stuff; all that diet micromanaging crap will drive you insane. Just concentrate on your macros & calorie intake.

that is kind of what i figured...i wasn't worrying about it, because as long as i stay within my caloric boundaries, i am satisfied. i just wasn't sure what the general consensus was for logging them. thank you guys for your answers!!
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I log my multi because I track my Calcium and some other micro. If I wasn't concerned with those I wouldn't.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't log my vitamins or my morning coffee fat free half and half. I figure they're a constant and that's just how I started out.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. My gummy vitamins didn't make me 100 pounds overweight.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I log them. I do it not only because they have calories, but to remind myself that I took them.
  • rhogr000
    rhogr000 Posts: 126
    Options

that is kind of what i figured...i wasn't worrying about it, because as long as i stay within my caloric boundaries, i am satisfied. i just wasn't sure what the general consensus was for logging them. thank you guys for your answers!!

Ya, obsessing over little stuff like that will drive you nuts. Now, that's not to say that you shouldn't log legit stuff, like coffee creamer for example (as other posters have said), but 15 calories worth of vitamins ain't gonna matter.
  • meganshort11
    meganshort11 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. My gummy vitamins didn't make me 100 pounds overweight.

hahahaha! that is how i am! they are probably the most beneficial 15 calories i take in on any given day
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well of course, if you don't log everything the MFP fairy will bring you extra fat in your sleep :)
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My black coffee, fish oil supplement, gummy vitamins, and couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day added up to 50 cals. Yes, I log it. I did switch to regular vitamins just so that I wouldn't use up those cals and extra sugar in the morning. I'm still not sure how I feel about that :p

If you don't want to log it, then don't, but if you have weightloss stalls or other problems, then reexamine what you are and are not logging (not just the vites). If you log everything else, why do you hate logging these so much?
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My black coffee, fish oil supplement, gummy vitamins, and couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day added up to 50 cals. Yes, I log it. I did switch to regular vitamins just so that I wouldn't use up those cals and extra sugar in the morning. I'm still not sure how I feel about that :p

I log all medications and supplements. Some do affect my macros. Most affect my micros. And ..it helps me remember to actually take them.
  • JessicaBowlby
    JessicaBowlby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I log it so that I remember that I took it. Otherwise later on in the day I'm stuck thinking, "Well...did I take that this morning?"
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I log them. I do it not only because they have calories, but to remind myself that I took them.

exactly why I log mine as well
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I didn't use to log them, but I log them now so I can see the nutrients that I don't show but would still like to see where I'm at and that I'm over 100%. I take the gummy calcium and the gummy women's multi.
  • NYUbookworm
    NYUbookworm Posts: 42
    Options
    The gummy multivitamins I take are 10 calories for two. I also drink a wheatgrass powder supplement in water that's 35 calories. I log them both under snacks. It's my understanding that we are to log in everything we consume. Even little calories add up. Ignoring or discounting calories is most likely how we all got here. I have noticed that a lot of my MFP friends log there vitamins and supplements, as well.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamin so that I can remember to take it.
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    I think it's a great idea to log the vitamins just to remind yourself that you took them - but aside from that, I really don't think 15 calories is going to make or break you. You burn that much just getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen for a piece of toast in the morning.
  • fayeonherway
    fayeonherway Posts: 204
    Options
    I created a section called "VITAMINS/MEDS" in my food log. I take gummy vitamins, gummy calcium and sometimes gummy probiotic because I have a very hard time swallowing pills. I also log my allergy medicine, my Folic acid pills and my regular probiotic. The reason I log my gummy vitamins is because each serving has 15-20 calories including 3 grams of carbs. The point of me being on MFP is to log what I consume so I log everything. A calorie still contributes to my overall calorie intake. So far it's working for me.