Seeking members to keep me in check!

Options
When I first started using MFP about 18 months ago I had a set of members/friends who commented on every little update I made, and I found it extremely motivating. Having members to keep me in check resulted in me reaching my target weight very quickly and I was able to maintain it for quite some time.
Eventually the "motivators" dropped off and then my usage of this valuable tool did as well.. couple that with recent knee surgery and the time frame leading up to and after the surgery, not having the ability to be active, caused a lot of stress and boredom eating.

Now I'm on the mend and May 1st marks my official re-starting date! I would thoroughly appreciate some motivators to help me by commenting on my progress and activities, and I tend to do the same in return!

Thanks MFP, I know I can do it again.

Replies

• _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You can add me :flowerforyou:
  • phantomrain100
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new here today, used to use Fitday but want to try something different. Not sure I want to pay for WW so thought I'd try this. Good luck!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to MFP so needless to say I'm always on here. Literally all through out the day no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I try to motivate my friends as much as I motivate myself so add me if you'd like. :) Good luck on your journey you can do it!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I check in several times a day, and need help with accountability too.
  • loooneeytoooneey
    Options
    I am new too! Just had knee surgery also, I only have my daughter to keep me in check so if you could keep me in check too that would be great! I am a stay at home mama and will try to keep you in check daily!!
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Having people to help you out makes all the difference. I need that too! :)
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (that goes for anyone else on this thread, too)!!!! I had a life event in January and stopped doing things on MFP, but I'm newly back (and using today as my official re-boot day, too!) and am looking for the same thing - friends who are positive supporters and are online and comment often. :flowerforyou:
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me... I check in a lot :) It helps to have friends to keep you going.
  • amsibert
    amsibert Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm like you - looking for a few friends to help keep me motivated (:

I used calorie count before, but am new to using MFP. I am trying to pick up in my activity, too. Every winter it drops off quite a bit. Now that the summer is fast approaching, I need to get out n move!

Anywho, I'd like a few people to add me too!