Exercise Gets Calorie "Credit?"

Options
I am confused with getting calorie "credit" when getting exercise. I understand that calories are burned when exercising, but isn't the suggested daily calorie intake based on how much exercise I put in my MFP profile? It seems contradictory to me.

Replies

• erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Nope, it is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories in order to maintain a reasonable deficit.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The calories you put into your profile should be your normal daily routine - not extra exercise you do. Then, you eat back the exercise calories. If you have put exercise calories into your profile, then you *don't* eat those extra calories back. It all depends on what you put into your profile.

I listed mine as sedentary, set my goals at TDEE - 10% and then eat back any additional exercise calories I burn.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The exercise goals you put in your profile don't mean anything. They aren't counted until you actually do the exercises and put them in.
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tiger
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The exercise goals you put in your profile don't mean anything. They aren't counted until you actually do the exercises and put them in.

Yes this. UNLESS you put your activity as Highly Active. Most people put sedentary or lightly active. so you DO NEED to eat back your exercise calories.