Yummy & Sweet Snack

maemccoy
maemccoy Posts: 7
edited September 21 in Recipes
I am a huge snacker during work. And I heard of the
idea of cutting up apples and to sprinkle them with cinnamon.
It's an apple pie without all the "naughty" stuff.

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    As a kid, I used to eat apples dipped in honey. It was pretty tasty, but not as low calorie as the cinnamon, I'm sure. :smile:
  • I read somewhere that if you cut your apples at home before work that you can rubber band the pieces back together so it looks like a whole apple and that will keep if from turning brown as fast.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    I read somewhere that if you cut your apples at home before work that you can rubber band the pieces back together so it looks like a whole apple and that will keep if from turning brown as fast.

Really??? I may try this... I love to use my apple slicer at home when I pack my lunch, but the lemon juice I put on it is a little tart sometimes.
  • maemccoy
    maemccoy Posts: 7
    Whatever keeps me from robbing the vending machine of it's Peanut M&Ms keeps me happy.
    Amen to Apples!!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    My kids love cinnamon apples. Growing up I always had ice cream as a snack...sherbert to be exact. I'm happy to give my kids a healthier option.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    I read somewhere that if you cut your apples at home before work that you can rubber band the pieces back together so it looks like a whole apple and that will keep if from turning brown as fast.

Really??? I may try this... I love to use my apple slicer at home when I pack my lunch, but the lemon juice I put on it is a little tart sometimes.
    I do something similar, my son loves apples in his lunch so I cut the apple in half, use a melon baller to scoop out the center (he hates to bite anywhere near the core) put the two halves back together and put into a sandwich bag. It works cause if it turned brown, he wouldn't eat it
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    That's an excellent idea with the melon ball tool. Do you rubberband the apple together as the other post said?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Cool idea! lol
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    That's an excellent idea with the melon ball tool. Do you rubberband the apple together as the other post said?

Nope, just put the two halve back together and plave in a bag, depending on the size of the apple the bag is enough to keep the halves together.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    i just found this recipe today, and it sounded soooo yummy!

'Apple Pie Pocket"
    Ingredients:
    1apple,sliced
    1teaspoon finely chopped pecans
    1teaspoon packed brown sugar
    1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
    Pinch of ground nutmeg
    1/2small pita bread
    2 tablespoons frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping

Directions:
    1.Place apple slices on microwaveable plate. Coat lightly with butter-flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Microwave on High about 3 to 4 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until soft.
    2.Toast pita. Spoon apple mixture onto pita and top with a dollop of whipped topping.

1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 21g); Protein 2g 
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    what is also good is taking the apple and using an apple corer to get the apple core out and then put it on tinfoil and then a baking sheet and taking cinnamon and if want to a little bit of brown sugar and putting it down the hole and then I put it on broiler until the peel is starting to shrink up
  • Dianne66
    Dianne66 Posts: 10
    Here's a tasty apple treat for only 122 calories. I got this from a trainer tip on BIggest Loser.

Place 1 regular apple in a microwaveable bowl with a shallow layer of water inside. Cover and micro on full power for 3 mins if 1000W or as in my case 4 mins for my 800W. Let it stand for a minute then drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the top. Finally sprinkle on some Cinnamon and there's nothing more to do but...enjoy :-)
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    bump... thanks
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    bump for later
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    So many good ideas on this one, save for later.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.