What do you run for????

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Oh and also for booze, the runners high, and the lean leg muscles. And to better my 5k time from last week.

^^^^totally^^^^

Also to keep increasing my distance...marathon probably next year!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    beerrun.jpeg
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Because I can and it make me feel good. Sense of accomplishment.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I run (well just started) because I CAN'T and that pisses me off. I hate when I can't do something I want to do. :)

Hey, I'll run/walk the hell out of a 5k. :)

Oh, I'm also running because the thought of one day traveling to run in events excites me.

Me too! Well not the just started part. I started a couple of years ago because I hated that I couldn't do it. I live along the Boston marathon route and everyone in my community runs. So I started, it took 3 tries, but I have my second half marathon on Sunday. I totally showed running!
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I run cause my trainer tells me I have to... I lift heavy cause I like to look damn good in the shower...
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Because Jenny told me to run forest run
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Runner's High, sense of accomplishment, and so I can eat more!
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Runnings boring, try cylcing ;)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want a gay cupcake... :bigsmile:

Today (and most of the time) I am running for pizza. It is my favorite indulgence and totally worth it.

I run for charities. So far signed up for the Mother's Day 5k for breast cancer, Father's Day 5k for prostate cancer and Color Me Bad run for YMCA of Maine. MIght do one or two others...

I run because, as some others said, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I work on increasing my speed or distance and hitting those PRs is a great ego boost!

Re: the high - while it's never been my purpose for running, it is definitely a nice benefit!
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I run cause my trainer tells me I have to... I lift heavy cause I like to look damn good in the shower...

Amen! Liftin' all the heavy sh** makes our bodies sexy fit
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Jesus and gay cupcakes. I think the thread is going to blow up.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wine/beer.
  • beyourbestby34
    Options
    Because it is way cheaper than therapy
  • Casady22
    Casady22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't do it for food or drink. I do it to feel better. I do it to clear my head and escape the constant thoughts that I have difficulty getting away from without it. I do it for more energy. I do it because I want to run in some 5k's and perhaps 10k down the road. I do it because I want to be healthy and active as I get older. And I do it to increase my chance of survival when the zombie apocolypse arrives.
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    For the exercise, lose the weight or keep it off and to be able to enjoy the riches of food & drinks!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Because it is way cheaper than therapy

EXACTLY!!!!

and what the hell else am I going to do at 4:15am!!!!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Helps clear my head, and I enjoy it.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    While I do run for enjoyment and because I'm happy as punch that the level of exertion involved no longer kicks my *kitten* I would be lying if I said having extra calories for beer didn't play a role in my desire to run.
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Amen! Liftin' all the heavy sh** makes our bodies sexy fit

Baby-worship-lawd.gif
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    I run (well just started) because I CAN'T and that pisses me off. I hate when I can't do something I want to do. :)

Hey, I'll run/walk the hell out of a 5k. :)

Oh, I'm also running because the thought of one day traveling to run in events excites me.

Ditto!! I'm already planning to go to Boston next May for the Run to Home Base (9k).