Replies

• KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Plain soya yoghurt, peanut butter, raisins, cookies and cream protein powder yum
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    strawberries ......with Dark chocolate .....
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1 banana sliced open to make a pocket, filled with 1 T of Peanut butter and sprinkld with dark chocolate chips. Then either melt in the microwave or wrap in foil and bake in the oven until the chocolate melts. SO GOOD! We make these in the campfire coals too.
  • Maddibird
    Maddibird Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OOOH! I'm a sucker for dessert! Usually I keep under my calorie goal while managing to incorperate something sweet into the count, but I go over my sugar and sodium limit all the time, which I am trying to change. After a weekend of splurging and not bothering to count at Branson, I feel ready to take on my sweet tooth. ANYWAY. When I do have dessert, a half cup of dry instant oatmeal microwaved with water for about a minute satisfies when paired with a tablespoon of chocolate syrup. (This comes to about 200 calories.) The carbs also help me sleep, and this also can function as my post-dance class snack. Today, I had a mug brownie for 240 calories, and boy was it good! I think it's that time of the month though, because I also had a Snickers about an hour earlier...shhh...so much for taking on the tooth today! At least I can work some of it off at dance class later, but no oatmeal for me afterward, sigh.
    Here's the brownie recipe; I found it on Pinterest and altered it.
    2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour (50 cals)
    2 tablespoons of sugar (92 cals)
    1 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (15 cals)
    1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (less than 5 cals)
    1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract (6 cals)
    3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (20 cals)

optional
    10 chocolate chips (33 cals)
    1/4 tablespoon of chocolate syrup (25 cals; for topping)

add all ingredients, and microwave for thirty seconds. If you like mushier brownies, stop here, but if you like cake-ish brownies, keep cooking in thirty second intervals until you have the desired texture. I did mine for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Next time, I won't add the chocolate chips; they didn't make much of a difference from the first time I made this. The chocolate syrup makes it a bit more moist if you microwave it for as long as I do. I've heard that if you don't spray the mug, the batter will cling to the sides and rise, and it will have a cake like texture, so I'm assuming if you do spray it, it will be thick like a brownie. I don't spray mine because I prefer the cake type stuff.
    So.
    Brownie in a mug, and dreamy oatmeal.
    Not bad for a 14 and 3/4 year old, huh?
  • Maddibird
    Options
    Or, microwaved blueberries are great, if you are trying to wean yourself off the sugar, like yours truly. :happy:
  • Maddibird
    Options
    1 banana sliced open to make a pocket, filled with 1 T of Peanut butter and sprinkld with dark chocolate chips. Then either melt in the microwave or wrap in foil and bake in the oven until the chocolate melts. SO GOOD! We make these in the campfire coals too.

We made these in girl scouts forever ago, except we used marshmellows instead of peanut butter. Great idea! Luv me some peanut buttah!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Frozen fat free Cool Whip mixed with PB2

We do this and smear it on graham crackers. We freeze them for ice cream sandwiches. We love'em.