Boost metabolism

NikkiDerrig386
NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Boost metabolism naturally using Shape's top ten tips.
Shape offers ten simple ways to increase metabolism - and become healthier, too:

1. Maximize your muscle. Muscles are fat-burning furnaces, so be sure to do enough resistance training to build and maintain them and follow your workouts
with a snack or meal balanced in protein, carbohydrates and fat.

2. Don't forget the cardio workout routines. It improves definition and blasts the fat that covers your muscles. Combining regular aerobic exercise with strength training will give you the slimming effect you've been going for. After all, toning without cardio is like building a house on a weak foundation.

3. Be sure to stretch. It can help your muscles work better so you can more effectively isolate your problem areas.

4. Focus on your assets. Playing up your favorite body parts can boost your confidence and draw attention away from spots you want to minimize. Sculpting your shoulders, arms, chest, and back, for example, can help balance heavier hips so you look more proportionate. Plus, you'll be firmer all over.

:drinker: 5. Don't starve yourself. Undereating causes your metabolic rate to drop and your body to hold onto fat. Shape recommends that the average, active woman consume at least 1,800 calories daily.:drinker:

6. Go graze-y. Eat 6 small meals a day to avoid blood-sugar spikes and minimize urges to binge.

7. Get real. Fuel your body with wholesome, nutritious foods, and limit your intake of refined carbs (anything sugary or white-flour based).

8. Drink
more water. Staying hydrated will help you feel full longer and keep you healthy.

9. Sleep tight. Get 7-8 hours of Z's a night.

10. Control what you can. Keep stress levels in check by managing your time, focusing on the present and not over-committing.

Find more information about how to boost metabolism naturally through regular workout routines.

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    thats great, thanks for sharing!
  • Thank-you for this, it has really helped me! I am new to this and I hope to lose my ideal amount and have a perfect beach body!
  • Melora
    Melora Posts: 65 Member
    Shape offers ten simple ways to increase metabolism - and become healthier, too:

5. Don't starve yourself. Undereating causes your metabolic rate to drop and your body to hold onto fat. Shape recommends that the average, active woman consume at least 1,800 calories daily.:drinker:

MFP says to only have 1200 calories a day. When I add the exercise it goes to 1400-1600 depending on the day and I eat them all, but that;s still under 1800 that is quoted here. I soooo confused on calorie intake.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member

5. Don't starve yourself. Undereating causes your metabolic rate to drop and your body to hold onto fat. Shape recommends that the average, active woman consume at least 1,800 calories daily.:drinker:

MFP says to only have 1200 calories a day. When I add the exercise it goes to 1400-1600 depending on the day and I eat them all, but that;s still under 1800 that is quoted here. I soooo confused on calorie intake.

Don't worry about it, you're probably not "average" then and there's nothing wrong with that. Check out my diary. I'm on 1400 and with exercise today, am up at 1700. On other days where I burn a lot more, I could burn from 1800-2000 in a day.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    great tips thanks!
This discussion has been closed.