Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Hunger

Options
Hi there,

This is my first post, so if it belongs somewhere else, please feel free to move it or let me know.

I've been dieting since January and have had awesome results. I'm at maintenance now--1410 calories a day. My issue is that I still feel hungry most of the time, and often can't stop myself thinking about food. I've done all my research about what to eat and when in order to maintain fullness, and I eat a very healthy, balanced diet with plenty of protein, I eat regularly, and schedule filling snacks. There's no real reason that I should actually feel hungry.

Now, I have OCD--I take Zoloft daily so that I can function, and I'm living very happily right now. But many of my obsessive behaviors remain, including obsessive thoughts. I wonder if my constant hunger is really just a compulsion, my mind endlessly repeating the thought that I might be hungry.

Has anyone dealt with this? How did you manage to tell the difference between true hunger and a compulsive thought? It's hard for me to know if I should be changing my eating habits or trying to manage and control a compulsion. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Replies