Almost Over Alloted Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• donafil
    donafil Posts: 4
    Options
    I do either one of the these three depending on how I've been doing calorie-wise:
    1) increase exercise to make "room" for the calories
    or
    2) if that's the only meal in a while where I've gone over, I just enjoy it and go back to my normal eating afterwards
    3) eat a huge salad with little dressing (few calories lots of nutrition) to fill me up at supper time.If you make a green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and maybe a few nuts or sprouts on top, very little calorie wise but you will feel good....

Definitely don't skip a meal - that's the worst thing to do - I end up eating salty fatty foods if I skip and get hungry.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'd have a light dinner (salad with chicken breast or eggs on toast for example) and go for a run beforehand.
  • kduc22
    kduc22 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you'd like to have more calories during the day maybe try eating different types of food that offer less calories but keep you full longer like beans (pinto, black), lean meat (chicken, grass-fed beef, egg whites) and green leafy veggies (kale, spinach, etc). Probably not as delicious as most standard breakfast and lunch items but it will keep you full longer and its pretty healthy. For example here are two my typical breakfasts' and lunches:

Breakfast - 2 cups spinach (boiled)= 83 cal, 3 egg whites + 1 whole egg= 135 cal, 1/2 cup blk beans = 110 calories, grand total 328 calories.

Lunch - Homemade teriyaki marinated chicken breast (sauteed), 7 oz= 263 cal, spinach =83 cal, 1/2 cup black beans =110 cal, grand total 456 calories.

So there you see is an easy way to stay full for little calories then eat what you want for other meals. You can just take one meal a day like this or all 3-4 like I do haha. Whatever works best for you. Hope this helps!
  • marcsmommajen
    Options
    I know everyone keeps saying salads are a good way to go. They're right... but sometimes you can overdo salads. At least I can. So in that instance I have a bowl of broth-based soup. Currently I have a sweet potato & Kale soup in my fridge that will be dinner tonight. Chicken noodle, minestrone, and vegetable are all good choices.
  • calculustiger
    Options
    I break out some low-calorie options, such as vegetable egg-white omelets or seasoned chicken with vegetables, when this happens.
  • AprilSchulte10
    AprilSchulte10 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. I know one person said they usually give up on the day and thats what I did. we were so busy last night we just grabbed a pizza and i ate that for dinner.. Soo Today is a new day! Started breakfast off good so we will see how the rest of the day goes.

I really appreciate all the feedback! :)