Bowl size

Options
If a serving is listed as a bowl how do you know how much that is. All bowls are different. What is considered a standard bowl size?

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    If the serving size is listed as "a bowl" and the package doesn't come with said bowl, it means the people who wrote the label are a**holes.
  • TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Does the label have a grams measurement? Usually the nutritional info will say something like 1 cup (40g). If so, you can measure it with a scale. Of course, that assumes you have one.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Does the label have a grams measurement? Usually the nutritional info will say something like 1 cup (40g). If so, you can measure it with a scale. Of course, that assumes you have one.
    Yep. Most of the foods I list that say "bowl" actually come with the bowl for microwaving. Otherwise - measure!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of another kind of bowl, my bad
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If the serving size is listed as "a bowl" and the package doesn't come with said bowl, it means the people who wrote the label are a**holes.

Haha, yeah. I poke around until I find something with a concrete measurement when I'm logging. Phrases like "a bowl" mean nothing to me.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of another kind of bowl, my bad

:laugh: so was it!

but since i clicked on it, that seems like an absurd measurement, unless the item comes with a bow. like others have said, usually the label should say something grams or cups in parenthesis or something. i got a food scale at bed bath and beyond for like under $20 and it's awesome! that way i can measure my cereal and pasta
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    That means you just grab the biggest bowl in the kitchen and cram as much food as possible into it.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    That means you just grab the biggest bowl in the kitchen and cram as much food as possible into it.
    In general I like cramming things into small places.