Breakfast ideas? microwave egg beaters=stinky office

Options
Hello all I'm looking for easy breakfast ideas. I microwaved some egg beaters with canadian bacon which turned out pretty decent but stunk up the office :blushing: . I'm usually in a hurry in the morning so I need some quick meals. Thank you!

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great choice and can be very filling. Alot of people drink meal replacement shakes for breakfast because they're quick and easy. Or if you really like eggs, why not hard boil some at home and then take them to work for breakfast. Jimmy Dean Delight breakfast sandwiches are another good option.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I typically just drink coffee for breakfast, but around 11 am i like to have a kashi granola bar, yoplait greek yogurt, and maybe some fresh fruit to carry me through to lunch. All very convenient and portable.

ETA: Get the crunchy granola bars and break it up into the yogurt. Very tasty.
  • madmamaontherun
    madmamaontherun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! I'm going shopping after work.
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Sliced bread, spread some peanut butter, and cut up a banana in the middle. I love the combination :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sliced bread, spread some peanut butter, and cut up a banana in the middle. I love the combination :)

Get rid of the bread and use frozen waffles (I use Vans Lite Waffles - they're usually in the natural foods area if not w/the other waffles) and add a drizzle of honey and this is my breakfast most mornings. YUMMY!!! I love me some peanutbutter, banana, honey, waffles! So filling too. Packed w/fiber and protein keeps me full until lunch.
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options

Get rid of the bread and use frozen waffles (I use Vans Lite Waffles - they're usually in the natural foods area if not w/the other waffles) and add a drizzle of honey and this is my breakfast most mornings. YUMMY!!! I love me some peanutbutter, banana, honey, waffles! So filling too. Packed w/fiber and protein keeps me full until lunch.

oh wow never thought about waffles mmm. sounds much better than bread
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great choice and can be very filling. Alot of people drink meal replacement shakes for breakfast because they're quick and easy. Or if you really like eggs, why not hard boil some at home and then take them to work for breakfast. Jimmy Dean Delight breakfast sandwiches are another good option.

I second that oatmeal!

Add some chia seeds, banana, and definitely some cinnamon

:flowerforyou:
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do a homemade egg mcmuffin with a Thomas' triple health English muffin, one egg fried with cooking spray, 1 oz ham and an ultra thin slice of cheese. Put it all together the night before and microwave for one minute when you're ready to eat.

I also love a combination of 1/2 c lowfat plain yogurt, 1/4 non fat cottage cheese, 1 packet Truvia, 1 T chopped walnuts, 1/2 banana diced, 1/2 c blueberries and 1/4 c wheat and flax cereal. I keep the cereal in a separate container until ready to eat then mix in so it stays crunchy.

A Kashi 7 grain waffle with yogurt and berries is good too.

All of these are around 300 calories.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I make up a muesli of 2 cups oatmeal and 1 cup milk. I usually add a tablespoon or two of honey, sometimes some cinnamon, and some chopped nuts. Put it in the refrigerator over night. It makes enough for 5 days. I just scoop some out and add a carton of yogurt. You can also add some fresh fruit if you like. Make it Sunday evening and you just have to scoop and go in the mornings. If you check online there are other recipes for oatmeal done in the crock pot and overnight.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you like eggs, make a frittata (eggs, veggies, meat, cheese) on the weekend and take a slice on the way to work in the morning.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

Mini-frittatas: http://spoonful.com/recipes/mini-frittatas (change the ingredients to make it more healthy, but you get the idea)

Personally, I usually just eat no fat Greek yogurt with honey or jam in the morning.