Posted before but need reassurance

Options
loriq41
loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
Ok, here it goes..did the tdee-20% and here are my stats: 5 ft, 143, wanting to lose at least 20 more pounds. I have lost almost 21 lbs in 115 days (I think that is too little!!) but anyway...I am eating what averages out a week to 1521 (not total, each day)..so I am zigzagging cals which has helped a bit. I work out 5 days a week averaging between 45 min to an hour a day at the gym..keeping my heart rate between 135-143..so I am working it. I think that I could be losing more.should I eat more? I mean last week I think I lost a half pound..this week less than that...Im frustrated but I wont give up..any thoughts?

Replies

• AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
    I wouldn't really think about changing your plans until you've seen a lack of any progress for a few weeks. You're still losing, it's still working. You have to expect your monthly losses to be smaller as you get closer to your target.

If you really want to make a change you could perhaps try working out your TDEE minus 15% or even 10% and keep accurately following that plan but I would expect you to lose even more slowly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You are losing more than 1 lb per week. That's a good pace. I'd suggest keep doing what you are doing and have patience.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing and have some patience. Your losses should be about 0.5lbs per week now since you don't have a lot left to lose.