The Sweaty Shiny Suit Lady...Question!

Options
Has anyone ever tried one of those suits that produces sweat while you work out? One of those crazy looking plastic suits? I bought one from Ross a few months back, and am wondering if they are effective? Any thoughts? Hallllp!

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I've seen them and I think they look horrible. I would not be caught flirting in one.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've seen them and I think they look horrible. I would not be caught flirting in one.

what? you promised to wear that on our ONS
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

what? you promised to wear that on our ONS

As long as there are NSA
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    They are made for people trying to cut weight, for wresting, boxing, or anything else that has a weight class.

They are made to cut water weight only, and can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing...
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    They are effective in losing water. Boxers use them to dehydrate before a weigh-in and then promptly rehydrate so that they can fight in lower weight classes.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My son's wrestling friends used them before wrestling meets to cut weight. That's all the are good for is to lose water weight. Which is not true weight loss. They are not good for the body at all.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    They are effective in losing water. Boxers use them to dehydrate before a weigh-in and then promptly rehydrate so that they can fight in lower weight classes.

And that's their only use. You gain the water weight back as soon as you drink something. Some people feel like they get bonus points for their exercise because they sweat more, but they're mistaking sweat for exertion. Eat healthy. Exercise. That's really the formula.