Where the fat goes when you lose it...

Options
So I was curious so I looked it up, and I don’t know why it took me so long to find out the answer, it was probably just a question that came and went. So I wanted to know where the weight goes when we lose it. Here’s the answer if you too were curious and didn’t know. If you already knew and think its strange that I didn’t lol oh well now I do!

This is just a piece of the article I read on how things work. The rest was just about how our bodies use the calories taken in, what gets used what gets stored and what not that I already knew. This is just the piece on how the fat that you lose leaves your body.
The metabolic processes that created the energy, also create waste products. This is how the remaining fat is released from the body. The creation of energy creates two main byproducts, carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide is released from the body through the lungs when you exhale. The water created from the fat burning process is released through either sweat or through urine.

This or something like it has probably been posted before, what topic discussed hasn't though right :)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    This is why you really want to get your 25g MINIMUM of fiber everyday. Poop that fat out, baby!!!
  • indybrown
    indybrown Posts: 31
    Options
    it's not a dumb question — I was actually thinking about this the other day myself! Thanks for posting!
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is why you really want to get your 25g MINIMUM of fiber everyday. Poop that fat out, baby!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    LOL @ Arielle0489, Good info to Know!!! Thank you for posting it!
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey, if:

"The creation of energy creates two main byproducts, carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide is released from the body through the lungs when you exhale. The water created from the fat burning process is released through either sweat or through urine"

then you dont need fibre to wee or sweat!

I know fibre is essential, but according to the above, article, there is no suggestion that we pooooop it out, rather we need to drink more water to wash it away :o)

So work out and drink water to flush those toxins away!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/an01327
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey, if:

"The creation of energy creates two main byproducts, carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide is released from the body through the lungs when you exhale. The water created from the fat burning process is released through either sweat or through urine"

then you dont need fibre to wee or sweat!

I know fibre is essential, but according to the above, article, there is no suggestion that we pooooop it out, rather we need to drink more water to wash it away :o)

So work out and drink water to flush those toxins away!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-fat/an01327
    I think she was joking sense what I posted said nothing about BM's
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - lol. I never really thought about it.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I was wondering this myself,I actually have images sometimes of just a whole bunch of fat the people have lost laying around the gym.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this myself,I actually have images sometimes of just a whole bunch of fat the people have lost laying around the gym.

Oh man.....I just had a vision of ppl jumping off the elliptical and FLOP....a pound of fat on the floor. They would have to hire a fat scooper upper:laugh:
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Oh man.....I just had a vision of ppl jumping off the elliptical and FLOP....a pound of fat on the floor. They would have to hire a fat scooper upper:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this entire post made my day!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Now I wont feel icky when I sweet, I will love every drip I wipe from myself! :laugh:
  • Coraljaszmine
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!!!!!!! Knowledge is power and i feel pretty powerful right now time to go drink lots of water and do legs & back and ab ripper x... on my way to SWEAT CITY!!!!!!!!:wink: