how to increase endurance

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
I have gone through most of C25k, and got up to running for 20 minutes straight. I got lazy and lost it. I'm starting back up again, but my problem is (and always was) that my HR goes pretty high and I run slowly. I would love to be able to maintain an easy pace without my HR skyrocketing to 180/190.

are there any tips and tricks to help me work on this?

Thanks!

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Slow down, way down until your HR is not so high. Even if you need to switch to walking frequently that's OK. Better yet, build a solid walking base for a few weeks before running too much.
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Slow down, way down until your HR is not so high. Even if you need to switch to walking frequently that's OK. Better yet, build a solid walking base for a few weeks before running too much.
    thanks. I am seriously torn between following a 5k program and just running until I can't anymore, walking some, then running again. I find doing it my way more fun, because if I'm tired and the app tells me to run, I want to kill someone. But I also find that I may end up walking more than I would like.
    Sure, being outside and walking is better than nothing, but I would love to be able to run the whole time one day.