Lactulose

jaxterbom
jaxterbom Posts: 73
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have taken 1 Tablespoon per day for the past several days and found it to be an excellent appetite suppressant. Better by far than anything else I've ever tried. Unfortunately, it is a prescription drug. It is used for the treatment of Hepatic Encephalopathy to reduce Ammonia (NH3) in the gut. It is a synthetic sugar and primarily a laxative. I have found the laxative effect to be quite gentle. It produces some gas and bloating. But ... and this is the most important thing for all of you future Biggest Losers out there ... it suppresses cravings in ME. I do not know if this works for everybody. I do not know if it ONLY works for me and nobody else. And I don't know if I can get my doctor to prescribe any since I do not have H.E. But I'm going to try!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    So let me get this right....:glasses:

You are not eating much, you don't have a desire to eat, you are gassy, bloated and you are making frequent trips to the toilets :huh:

And you now want me to join you in this experience?! :noway:

jaxterbom...I thought you were my friend :sad:
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Hmmm....you've been taking it for several days, but not sure if your doctor will prescribe it.... where did you get it!?!?!?! :laugh:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    You can get it OTC here in Canada. It's one of the only laxatives that doesn't make your bowels dependent on it to have a movement.
    Hey, whatever works. I take it because another prescription drug of mine makes me constipated so I needed a little coaxing!
  • jaxterbom
    Frankly I tapped a bit off from my son's prescription. The first dose was strictly to see how it tastes. Sugary would
    be the best word to describe that. Then I noticed that sitting with a beer and food in front of me I had a very new feeling.
    Repulsion. At first, I didn't connect it with the Lactulose. Then I remembered and had a personal a-ha moment.

Just think if this stuff is already out there and might actually help people lose weight. I'd suggest looking it up on the
    internet if you're interested.
  • jaxterbom
    It ain't for everybody. I'm not asking anyone to try it. I'm just putting the info out there. ;-)
  • jaxterbom
    Canada rocks. Thank you for the info. If my Dr. does not cooperate, I'll just plan a roadtrip to Niagara Falls. Do you think they'd bust me at the border for bringing in contraband laxatives?????
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Do you think they'd bust me at the border for bringing in contraband laxatives?????

Not if you swallow them first :wink: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.