Beginning workouts?

Gerkenstein
Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and wanting a little extra push to succeed and stick with it for one complete week!!!! I know that may seem silly, but I don't tend to stick with things well so a week is an accomplishment!

I would love some advice on workouts that were great motivation or helpful when you first started your exercise routine. What helped you keep going/get started? What workouts seemed the best workout without damaging or pushing you too far?

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Start with walking, a great way to elevate your heartrate and get the blood flowing! Get some walking buddies and hit the track, or map out a route.
  • daisyvidal
    daisyvidal Posts: 7
    I would start with walking too, and also some light cycling. That's how I started working out when I first was very heavy and hadn't really worked out before. I stay motivated by visualizing my goal--be it an outfit, or an occasion, your health...
    I would have to say that the best advice I ever heard/read is that if you skip a beat (mess up and go off your diet/exercise routine), don't take that as an excuse to just throw in the towel--get right back on it and keep moving towards your goal.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    If you want to try videos, the Walk Away the Pounds videos are very doable for a :flowerforyou: am a little older and not real coordinated and I can do them....Good luck!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Buy yourself a couple of 5 lbs weights and some work out videos. That's what I did. And they say if you have exercise stuff (like weights or the resistant bands) in your home you are more likely to work out. I have worked my way up to 8 lbs weights now and I jog on some mornings.

The workout video I started out with was a low-impact aerobics video.. From there I started the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd... That has build my endurance tremendously, so I have started jogging too. I don't know what video I'm going to do next!

Good luck! You can do this!

love and light. xo
  • I would agree, it is best to start with some light cardio for someone who is new to working out. Depending on where you live, water aerobics is also another good option, especially if you like the water.
This discussion has been closed.