Dietician Course

Heey there,
I was wondering if anybody knows the course program name for becomming a dietician? Im in grade 11 and from Welland Ontario and I have a very very strong passion for food nutrition and fitness thats why I want to be a dietician. Ive been looking through college books and I am very confused. All the courses sound the same. E.g( food and wellness, nutrition and fitness, nutrition management etc.)

Replies

• kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    A lot of schools have an exercise science program, which deals with a lot of fitness and nutrition. :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    You need a university degree to become a dietician in Canada. Here is a link with the info
    http://www.dietitians.ca/Career/Education.aspx
  • In the meantime, there's quite a few nutrition courses you can take for free from Coursera! I'm signed up for a couple of them myself. Most only require a couple of hours a week. www.coursera.org
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    In the US, in order to call yourself a "dietitian", you have to have a degree and pass a difficult test. If you want to find out about that go to www.eatright.org which will give you information. I would imagine that Canada has a similar agency and process.

Make an appointment to talk to a dietitian at a local hospital and ask about education.