Why I quit smoking weed

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    That was painful to watch.
    I stopped because I switched for alcohol...
    Also because if I mixed the two I would always puke... so picked one and alcohol was the one. :drinker:
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I wish I could smoke it....I used to in my younger days but now can't tolerate it....sick sick sick....now just the smell makes me want to yak....I can barely drink anymore either....
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I quit when I started fire fighting and got drug tested and got busy with college (not to mention broke).
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    After eight years, I decided to quit once I graduated college. I quit also because I didn't want to waste my money on it anymore. I didn't want to deal with the whole process of getting it. It just became a hassle.

Same! I used to find it ridiculous that my friends were spending $120 a week on it... then I became one of those people... :-/

Yeah, I didn't understand why people needed to spend so much money on it, then I became THAT person. I would get high grade stuff, and regs and mix it to make the good stuff last longer. But it became a hassle of making sure I had enough to last the week. I would get into arguments with my boyfriend over money, and I would get into arguments with my sister about not wanting to spend so much on it when I went to visit her. It got too stressful to the point that it wasn't even enjoyable anymore.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I quit because I found tylenol pm.

does this really work because sleeping sure is tough without it.

worst part is the $ and smoking it. If i was rich i'd just bake with it and probably be a happy fat *kitten* lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I didn't understand why people needed to spend so much money on it, then I became THAT person. I would get high grade stuff, and regs and mix it to make the good stuff last longer. But it became a hassle of making sure I had enough to last the week. I would get into arguments with my boyfriend over money, and I would get into arguments with my sister about not wanting to spend so much on it when I went to visit her. It got too stressful to the point that it wasn't even enjoyable anymore.

i know. I agonize of $30 purchases while literally burning $400 plus a month
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The further removed I became from college, the fewer people I knew who did it or who could supply it. Eventually, I reached the point of not even knowing where to get the stuff anymore...so that was that. I actually always preferred it to alcohol.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Also, because I value my lungs too much. Yes it's natural and yes there are no (well, shouldn't be any) additives, but inhaling smoke still is not good for you, no matter how you try to spin it! :)
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Say what you want about growing out of it or not being 12 anymore, but it really is medicine for some people.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I quit because....Oh shoot, can i get a bag of chips and ice cream? Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh yeah, reffer put you here...put it on the herbs!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...because I stopped being 12 years old

Agreed. I grew up and matured.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I quit the first time I ordered, and ATE, an entire large pizza by myself. I don't need anything that makes me even more of a hedon than I already am.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I quit because....

no more like I started to save me hangovers....I'm pretty good though, learnt to handle munchies effectively without ripping my gums apart !!
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Say what you want about growing out of it or not being 12 anymore, but it really is medicine for some people.

The interesting thing about this is that people who smoke weed rationalize it as "medicine".
    I am all for marijuana being used for medical purposes...and it is actually legal for those who need it for medical purposes! BUT most people who smoke it illegally DO NOT need it for medical purposes. It is just a fancy excuse to make it ok to smoke it recreationally.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options

The interesting thing about this is that people who smoke weed rationalize it as "medicine".
    I am all for marijuana being used for medical purposes...and it is actually legal for those who need it for medical purposes! BUT most people who smoke it illegally DO NOT need it for medical purposes. It is just a fancy excuse to make it ok to smoke it recreationally.

So what? Anybody who uses alcohol is no different. Except that alcohol doesn't actually have any medicinal purposes.
  • klmsmock
    klmsmock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    I quit because my job did urinalysis on a regular basis. Got a Top Secret Security Clearance and it was on an even more regular basis. Just found other ways to chill...
  • dakotababy
    Options

So what? Anybody who uses alcohol is no different. Except that alcohol doesn't actually have any medicinal purposes.

Oh...now we are talking about alcohol?
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    quitters never prosper.

420 for life! lol :smokin:

:laugh:
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Personally, I haven't quit smoking, and most likely never will. I indulge in the good herb everyday, and now can do so legally since I live in Washington. Hooray!!
This discussion has been closed.