HELP WORKOUT ROUTINE

Options
Hi everyone
I am 165 lbs and I would like to get to 125-130 lbs.
I am 5ft2.
I would like to be at my goal weight by May 2014 .. I just had my daughter 1 year ago and never got back in a workout routine.. I was wondering if anyone could suggest me any good workout routine to loose weight and tone... I am getting married in 1 year so I got to look my best.
ps i enrol to a gym but don't want to pay a personal trainer cant afford it..
Anyone one can help me?

Thank you

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would suggest hitting the free weights 3x a week for heavy lifting (using a program like Strong Lifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women). If you want to do cardio as well, do that 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes. Be sure to take 1-2 full rest days each week.
  • peachykeek
    peachykeek Posts: 19
    Options
    check out bikini body mommy challenge on facebook! she has a 90-day challenge that is GREAT! i'm on day 20, and i'm loving it. you don't need to have a gym membership. it's a mix of circuit training type stuff (lunges, burpees, squats, tricep dips, etc.) and cardio (45 minutes of brisk activity). for example, this was my workout today (in my living room while the baby was napping!): 1.) squat swing with 5 lb weight.. 2.) push-up "t" stands.. 3.) lunge knee-ups.. 4.) mountain climbers.. 5.) bicep curls (3 different ways.. first: full range, second: start from bottom and raise halfway, 3rd: start from top and lower halfway).. 6.) step-ups (chair).. 7.) straight-leg squat thrust.. 8.) "hundreds" exercise

she has pictures of all the exercises and easy-to-understand explanations.

tomorrow will be a cardio day, so i'll take the little one downtown for a brisk 45-60 minute walk.

every day of the challenge has its own album on her facebook page, so they're super easy to find. people post their reps and progress on the page, so you feel like you're doing it with a bunch of other ladies.

i tend to do better when i have a plan laid out for me... it's easier to feel like i'm making progress.

here's the link! https://www.facebook.com/BikiniBodyMommy?group_id=0

let me know if i can help you at all.

good luck! 35-40 lbs in a year is DEFINITELY doable. :)