Just Turned 25, Getting Married, and Losing Weight!

Options
jmegan22
jmegan22 Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am using MFP to get back in shape for life! I have set some small monthly goals, as well as larger milestones. I know I am young enough to really set myself up for success or failure in life... I'm really trying to lean toward SUCCESS! Now is the time to make the small changes, instead of waiting until I'm super overweight and old with a busy family.

I reached my tipping point in January when I was weighing in between 150-155. Those numbers just really jumped out at me and made me want to change... NOW! I started working out more and now that I feel pretty established with that portion I want to add the nutrition part. I know that tracking calories is a very useful tool for me and I really hope to stick with it :) I am currently around 145lbs. Five years ago when I met my hubby-to-be, I was about 125-130. This is my ultimate goal. By wedding time I hope to be at 135lbs. I can do this!!!

Replies

• lovebrittnie
    Options
    so far you are definitly not having a bad start. just keep it up
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! This really is a great community and I'm sure you'll be successful here!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You totally need to take a minute and change your mind set...stop saying "leaning towards success" and "trying", start saying I am doing... I will achieve. I lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks, you can totally do it...Congrats on the wedding.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great place to be! And congrats on your wedding!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement!!! I'm not engaged yet but I def think about it with my weight loss