Just another chick lookin' to get fit

Options
MamaCass30
MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
Figured it was time to come on here & introduce myself! :happy:

Full-time working mom of two kids under 10 y/o. As a kid I was fat. I hit my growth spurt around jr high / high school but I was what you call a skinny-fat. Stayed small through college until I got pregnant w/ my first child at 21.

I walked out of the hospital after giving birth wearing pre-pregnancy clothes and figured it would just be that easy. Steadily put on weight until I got pregnant a year later. With my 2nd child, I exploded. Went into the delivery room weighing 208 and thought it would be a similar situation to the 1st child. Eh! Wrong! Two weeks later I still weighed 200 + lbs.

Never really did anything about it. I take lazy to a whole new level. i've done two rounds of weight watchers and lost weight but eventually quit. That's my thing; quitting. I'm a pro at it!

I've also been here on MFP previously, lost about 20 lbs as well as completed C25K. Took a "break" after I completed C25K because, hey, I deserve it! Over a year later, I'm still on that "break" UGH.

I've already been on MFP this time around for a little over 2 weeks & I can already tell this time is different. I've given up all soda's and I'm ok with that. I haven't struggled w/ cravings at all! I drink nothing but water and the occasional glass of milk. I'm actually grocery shopping and bringing snacks and lunches to work. Big change from the previous tries. I've realized this time around that it's easier to eat well if you have good food readily available to snack on as well as to cook healthy meals instead of depending on boxed meals to get you through!

Feel free to FR me. I love supportive friends!

Disclaimer: if you're on the "muscle WEIGHS more than fat" bandwagon, please do not pass GO!! That's all I'll say on that!

Replies

• kuhar352
    kuhar352 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi MaMaCass! I can totally relate on taking lazy to a whole new level...i was pretty much melted into my couch for the past two years, except I woke up and realized I HAD to do something in January. Now, I'm the most active I've ever been and eating 1200-1300 calorie each day. And most importantly, feeling great! Hopefully the fat loss is on its way!

Sending you a friend request. :)
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I really love you honesty! You can do it this time. add me if you would like. I don't have tons of friends because I am selective. I can give great support but you have to log every day and I will be there for you!:smile:
  • angels1679
    angels1679 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI! I totally get it! Looking for friends for motivation... hopefully we can help each other out :)
  • MamaCass30
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! The boards is one of my favorite aspects of MFP. Everyone here, in my experience, has always been nothing but supportive!
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY! Our stories are SO similar...so I will just say DITTO to the whole thing! I've been on here since February, and although my weight loss is slow and steady, something is very different this time as well. I'm not obsessing about it, but am committed. I often workout after the kids go to bed (I am single with 3 kids - 14,8, and 4) so 10-11pm at night, and I'm OK with that. This is about taking care of me, and finally getting this monkey off my back once and for all. I've heard people say for years "it needs to be a lifestyle change", and I have no idea what changed in my life, but it finally clicked. I'm not feeling deprived or overwhelmed, or angry at everyone else for seemingly being able to eat whatever they want. This time it's for real.

Although I've been tracking for a couple months, I've just really started reading boards etc, so only a couple friends thus far, but would love to share our journey!
  • MamaCass30
    Options
    Exactly!

I can't say that I've had a lightbulb moment like most ppl seem to have, it's been more of a gradual acknowledgment that things aren't right and if I don't get my shiz together, it's not going to be pretty! Heck, it's not pretty now! LOL 60 lbs to lose is intimidating, but when I look at the Success Stories and see ppl losing 100+ lbs, 60 is nothing compared to those numbers! Knowing it's all possible is comforting to me!

This time around I've found my mentality has changed a lot, too. Where before I've been all about excuses as to why I could quit and give up, now it's a running mantra in my head of "suck it up, buttercup" and "Seriously? Just shut the hell up and do it!" :laugh:
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi I know what you mean about the lazy part that was me until I step up on that scale a couple of weeks ago. I seen I was at my heaviest I knew then some thing had to change or I could die or have a stroke. I'm on here every day showing my support to my friends and logging my stuff in. So feel free to add me! :)

Good luck this go around!
    You can do this! :)
  • MamaCass30
    Options
    Hi I know what you mean about the lazy part that was me until I step up on that scale a couple of weeks ago. I seen I was at my heaviest I knew then some thing had to change or I could die or have a stroke. I'm on here every day showing my support to my friends and logging my stuff in. So feel free to add me! :)

Good luck this go around!
    You can do this! :)

Thanks so much! I just checked out your profile and saw that you're from Louisiana! That's my home state! I moved away about 7 years ago but go back yearly to visit! :flowerforyou: