Fighting the Summer Heat and Laziness

workoutqueen628
workoutqueen628 Posts: 220
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I have hit an obstacle! I am a college student- during the year when I'm in school, I have to go to class and have hours of homework, yet I still found the time and energy to get my workouts in! Now that summer's here and I have nothing to do at the moment I can't seem to find the energy I once had! I'm still doing my workouts, just not with as much energy as I usually have! I'm frustrated. I guess I just need some rest and time to rejuvenate from a long, hard semester....How do you guys find motivation and energy during the summer?!

Replies

• KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    The worst thing you can do is think or worry about it. Just don't think about it and instead when you get up, just go and do it! The more you let yourself think about it, the more chances you have to talk yourself out of it.
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Maybe you need a bit of a break- rest to recharge?

Also I make sure I get my water in... nothing drains you like being dehydrated!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Congrat's on finishing the semester!!

Do you take multi-vitamins? If you don't perhaps you can look into taking one daily! In addition, maybe your body just needs a break. Perhaps you take the weekend off and Start fresh next week.

Maybe you might even think about incorporating a new exercise activity into your exercise rotation.. Take a Zumba class or swimming.. Whatever you think might be fun. I think the key to being consistent with my workouts is doing things I enjoy, that way they don't feel like exercise!!
This discussion has been closed.