Hi, I new to the group

Hello I'm new to the group I just start working out, its been about 3 weeks now, I'm really trying to hand in there but its hard. My Goal is to lose 1 lb a week but that don't seem to be happening within these 3 weeks I have only lost 1 lb, so disappointed. I join this my fitness pal, and I try to stay within my calories. but still the weight is not coming off like I want it to. Encourage is much needed at this time. Any suggestions

Replies

• Hi - it's the first of May and a great time for fresh starts. Track everything you eat faithfully - it's surprising how many calories are in BLT's - bites, licks and tastes. I'm learning to make healthy conscious choices and for my family history of diabetes, cancer and heart disease I need to choose wisely. I used to teach aerobics and could eat anything Now I'm over 50 and my metabolism has slowed considerably so have learned I have to exercise on a regular basis to speed up my metabolism. I went to my first kettlebell class today and didn't drop anything. Nice to have a first time "something" at my age. MFP is a great website and there's lots more information available on TV, books and websites. Knowledge and self awareness is empowering. Get active and have fun - you can do this!
  • How's your progress? Still hanging in there?:happy: